Healthy Quick Breakfast ideas!

Options
Hey everyone!

I need some healthy quick breaskfast ideas, even maybe ones that I could make the night or a few days before and just heat up or grab! I don't have much time, since I have a 5 week old and he seems to be the fussy in the mornings. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!

Replies

• quadgirl46
    Options
    Weight Watchers English Muffin Egg and Cheese sandwich 210 calories a few minutes in microwave and there good my teenage son eat them on me so I have to make sure I buy a few boxes
  • quadgirl46
    Options
    Another idea is hot cereal I found Ocean Spray Orange Cranberry Muffin its so tasty and only 160 calories
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Premake a bunch of breakfast burritos and then freeze them. Use Jimmy Dean turkey sausage, borden's fat free sharp cheese and scrambled egg whites. TONS of protein! =)
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    my favorite breakfast is so simple: apple, two hard boiled eggs, and a piece of whole wheat bread with a slice of cheese :]
    or if you have a bit more time than just something to grab and go, scramble two eggs (with just a tiny bit of milk) and mix in three pieces of ham. lots of protein to get you going!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you have a good blender you can make a smoothie in just a few minutes. Tomorrow I'll be having one with 1 cup of milk, half a banana, frozen strawberries and one scoop of my chocolate protein powder. It's only 363 calories and is super filling.

Are you working right now? If not, it's worth it to take a little extra time to make a good healthy breakfast. I know babies can be fussy (my daughter didn't let me leave her side or put her down for the first few weeks) but you have to take care of yourself too. Try putting him in a bouncy chair or swing in bring it into your kitchen area where he can see you while you cook. Talk to him or even sing. I did that when my daughter was a little older, maybe 6 weeks old, when I had to cook or do the laundry. I'd even have her in the bathroom while I took a shower (the water sounds always put her to sleep).
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    There are several MFP'ers who have asked this question. Go to recipe message boards and search Breakfast. Lots of ideas!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Non-fat vanilla yogurt and just cut up some fruit like a peach or strawberries or throw in some blueberries. If you want some crunchy add a little bit of whatever cereal you may have around the house (you don't need much, maybe half the recommended serving) Its pretty fast and i used to take it to go with a small tupperware and cut up the fruit later once i got to work and was ready to eat.
  • SHADYPLUM
    SHADYPLUM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband's favorite healthy breakfast is english muffin with canadian bacon and boiled egg. On Sunday evening I boil 5 eggs and put one canadian bacon slice and 1/2 boiled egg in containers for the whole week. I put the muffins in baggies for the week too. We toast our muffins at work. Other than that we toggle with a bowl of cereal, instant oatmeal, or yogurt, cereal w/fruit.
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    My fave grab and go is oatmeal with 1 tsp natural peanut butter mixed in or and a protein drink.
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs and yogurt.
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Healthy Cooked Breakfast

1 tomato, halved and grilled
    1 egg, poached
    2 rashers bacon, grilled
    1 portabello mushroom/2 closed cup mushrooms, grilled
    1 slice toast with low fat spread

This is just a 'stick it under the grill' job. It takes about 10 minutes, and it's filling and very tasty! It's perfect for a lazy sunday morning as a brunch. Mine works out at about 300 calories, but I use weight watchers bread at 50 cal per slice. You could use turkey rashers to reduce the calories and fat further.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You could also buy some fat free blueberry muffins or any flavor you like and make them in the evening and have one with a yogurt or fruit bowl. Also, someone posted a while back on how to make a great almond joy type oatmeal. Instant oatmeal, 1 tsp coco powder, 1 tsp sugar free coconut, maybe a little spleda and sliced almonds, it was really very good and filling. also, you could have a protein bar, I like revolution and a piece of fruit ot yogurt.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    it's gotta be brandflakes with milk for me narley everyday!! low cals and reallt good for ya too...
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I take one egg, 2 egg whites and mix together. Put in a freezer bag and seal across top except for about one inch. Putin microwave for one and a half to two minutes and voila! Fluffy egg omelette. I then can put in low carb wheat burrito with a little taco sauce and run out the door. I even take this to work and put in microwave as I'm making my cup of coffee and eat there for breakfast or snack. I can add chopped ham, or frozen chopped veggies or a 1/4 cup FF cheese and it it's all delicious. Have fun!

4007782.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools cup FF cheese and it it's all delicious. Have fun!
  • juliettern
    juliettern Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cartons of egg whites are a staple at our house now, very economical if you only eat the whites of an egg anyway. We also switched to meatless breakfast meats. Soyrizo and morningstar sausage are great! They taste good, are quick to cook, and lower in fat then meat with zero cholesterol. One cup of egg whites (that's a lot!) is 100cal and a sausage patty from morning star is 80cal. This is a lot of good, healthy protein and it really fills you up!
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    I take a couple eggs and scramble them in a ceramic mug . I add a little low fat cheese and some thinky sliced veggies and cook for 2-3 minutes in the microwave . Instant omelet .
  • Paxie
    Paxie Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm all into the simple, non-processed, real foods, so I just grab whatever fruit that's in the fridge, cut them into pieces, sometimes I make a fruit salad with natural fats like flax seeds or nuts, sometimes when I'm low on fruit I just add a bit of cereal.
    None the less it's always easy, quick, healthy and super fresh!