relapse...

Options
Hi, my name is felisha..and I'm addicted to food. Today is my 15th day, my weigh in was a flop.. ( gained the 3 lbs i lost) Was it TOM? Yes..but I dont know really if that has effected it or not. This may go unread, or even un-replied, but i need to get it off my chest, and for some reason, MFP feels safe. It feels safe because i am sure someone out there has felt the same way. Feels like i " fell off the wagon today"...I weighed myself this morning after a pretty good week, and consistant workouts...and it crushed me...it broke my heart....and i gave up. I ate bad food all day, and i feel sick, more mentally than phsyically...but i also feel lost. Alas, tomorrow is a new day, but i cant help but feel defeated. I understand this wont happen fast, and i understand that it is not miracle work..I get out of this what i put into it....then why does it feel like i gave up everything ( and i dont mean food) but i completely switched my life around to make sure i was making food at home, measuring, weighing food before i ate them, conciously deciding what to eat, pushing myself to workout when i wanted to lay on the couch......

In all honesty, i'm dissapointed in myself, not for the gain back of the 3 lbs i lost, but for the lack of control i had today when my heart dropped... I could have easily gone to the gym instead of choosing bad foods to go in my mouth, but i didnt.

Ive been addicted for a long time, and i'll continue to be...

It's how i react and manage my addiction.

Sorry for the story, i had to get it off my chest...

Thanks MFP.

Replies

• mgh2
    mgh2 Posts: 1
    Options
    thank you for your honesty I to have fell off the wagon. Tomorrow is a new day!!!!
  • Ddavis1967
    Ddavis1967 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You must allow yourself a splurge day now and then and not beat yourself up for it. You are not a failure....get up and workout again tomorrow and put today in the past.
  • sevangelista
    Options
    We all go off the plan here or there. The key is not to turn that inwards but to get back on the horse tomorrow. You are a good person with the right goals. No need to beat yourself up
  • gavinsmama
    Options
    I have similar issues...this site has helped, I ate two donuts like first thing today & for the first time in a long time it didnt ruin my day...or a few days of eating everything in site! I found logging it as soon as I could..staying connected with MFP kept me realistic. Maybe try that? Just keep your head up and try your hardest everyday, You will get a handle on it!
  • inurfaceyo
    Options
    You are awesome! You put it out there my friend. I felt like I was reading what I was thinking!
    I trained for 6 months for a half marathon..running 3 miles 3 times a week and long runs on the weekends, I ran my half and I STILL weighed the same as before I started training. Dumb metabolism! But I think it is important to eat right and exercise regardless. I just wanna see results. I sometimes think my weight is just my comfortable and forever weight..I can eat like crap and weigh the same as if I work out and eat right. It's so dumb really. Just turned 40 this year and everything slowed down...everything but me!
    Thank you for sharing your story. You just keep on keeping on and make sure you measure yourself...you might be losing inches.
  • jayem07
    jayem07 Posts: 17
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling. I did the exact same thing today. I had been doing really well all week and then I just had a bad day today and because of it I ended up eating all kinds of food that I really shouldn't have and now I feel like crap. You just have to remember that tomorrow is a new day and to get back on track. As long as you have more good days than bad you are moving in the right direction.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day.... don't let one day get you down! Saturday I ate 8 boneless buffalo wings... yup I just had to do it. I felt completely horrible about it (afterwards) but I woke up this morning and busted my butt doing Burn Fat boost Met. by JM. One day isn't going to hurt, it just makes you more aware of how bad you really want this.... Think of it this way you know you ate bad, you feel guilty about it, is this something you would have felt before? No, probably not right? So this means you really are on the right track!!