Is this really me?!

Options
That moment when you see a picture and don't believe it's you. I have a hard time seeing my weight loss. I still see the "old" me when I look in the mirror. Today I had my daughter take a picture of me before I went for my jog. I wanted to make sure I didn't look too gross so I didn't scare people out of the town - haha. I looked at my daughter after she took it and said, "Is that really me?" Yes, my arms are disgusting (I have to have surgery for them at the end of all this), and I have a bad look on my face, because it wasn't meant to be a sharing picture, but I had to since I almost cried. I still feel so disgusted with myself, but for once, I felt proud of my accomplishment.

This first picture is when I first started 2 years ago - I had only lost 3 lbs. I went on to lose a little bit, but gained it all back, because I wasn't focused yet. I learned a few things and then started my journey in 2013. Weighing 3 lbs more than this picture.

July2012276lbs_zps28b6079d.jpg?t=1409498852

This picture is from today before my jog. Yes, my hair looks like crap, I have a bad look on my face, and I need to have my extra skin removed from my arms, but that will have to wait until I'm at my goal weight. I just couldn't believe that was me.

20140831_092705_zps0c834977.jpg?t=1409498867

EDITED to fix picture links.

Replies

• snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well done you!! The 'new you' looks fab!! More importantly, I bet you feel better too.
  • jobee3
    jobee3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • seamandi
    seamandi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    July2012276lbs_zps28b6079d.jpg?t=1409498852
  • catjrow3
    Options
    20140831_092705_zps0c834977.jpg?t=1409498867
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thank you, catjrow!
  • catjrow3
    Options
    I posted the photos for you. Just put in front and after... and it will post okay for you. You look great by the way, such an accomplishment, you should be very proud!
  • catjrow3
    Options
    hmm it went away img in brackets goes before and /img in brackets goes after the photo...
  • catjrow3
    Options
    My pleasure!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You look fantastic!
  • kdhamner
    Options
    hmm it went away img in brackets goes before and /img in brackets goes after the photo...

Thank you, thank you! I was putting the brackets in the wrong spot and using < > around the image - haha!
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What a difference! Keep up the great work!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress! Congratulations!!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look FANTASTIC!! Thank you for sharing your story!!
  • kdhamner
    Options
    Well done you!! The 'new you' looks fab!! More importantly, I bet you feel better too.

I feel a TON better. Before this journey I was suffering daily from horrible aches and pains. Bad back, head aches, exhaustion, joint pain, etc. Now, I feel about 30 years younger :)
  • frayst
    frayst Posts: 62
    Options
    OMG, that is an incredible accomplishment!
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    DO NOT......I repeat.....DO NOT feel disgusted by yourself!.....You look great! and you are doing a fantastic job!!....major accomplishment!

Also, your arms do not look disgusting.....just work to tone those guns up! May I make a suggestion before you go and have surgery on them? get some light dumbbells and do some arm exercises to tone up your arms. (maybe you have already done that and I am way off base :P) You might be surprised at the results! there are a lot of exercises on youTube that can help you get results.

Great job!!.....you can be an inspiration to others!
  • kdhamner
    Options
    DO NOT......I repeat.....DO NOT feel disgusted by yourself!.....You look great! and you are doing a fantastic job!!....major accomplishment!

Also, your arms do not look disgusting.....just work to tone those guns up! May I make a suggestion before you go and have surgery on them? get some light dumbbells and do some arm exercises to tone up your arms. (maybe you have already done that and I am way off base :P) You might be surprised at the results! there are a lot of exercises on youTube that can help you get results.

Great job!!.....you can be an inspiration to others!

Thank you! That means a lot. I actually just purchased a dumbbell set from the sporting goods store. I had a friend that is a weight lifting guru give me a workout routine, so I have just started this. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised :)