Favourite kind/brand of hot sauce?

Options
I adore hot sauce, and was brought up eating really spicy (Caribbean) food. I'm looking for some new ideas for hot sauces that lend flavour as well as heat to use as condiments.

Caveat - I loathe Sriracha. It's overrated imho.

Any ideas? I like ghost peppers but I haven't found a ghost pepper sauce that I really like.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    They sell this yellow Caribbean sauce in my local supermarket... I love Scotch Bonnet based sauces.

grace_scotch_bonnet_pepper_sauce_bottle.jpg

I also love this line of sauces:

El%2BYucateco.jpg
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    My fav is Chalula but dollar store sells Tapatio and.... its okay too.
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I grew up on Tabasco so that is my favorite. But I also think Tapatio is okay, plus it's super cheap.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    My fav is Matouk's Trinidad Scorpion sauce. Tasty stuff.

I also like some of CaJohn's products.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Gringo Bandito. If you can't find it in a store near you, they sell it on their website and on Amazon. It's my favorite and I use it on almost everything :love:
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Where I live, it is not uncommon for people to carry Cholula in their purse. That's one of my favorites.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Where I live, it is not uncommon for people to carry Cholula in their purse. That's one of my favorites.

Yes that new green Cholula is pretty tasty!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Ohh Allie how I do luvvvv u... Out of the thousands that I own my all time fav that I use daily is still Trappeys Red Devil. It took 36 in the U'S. taste testing this past year. I was surprised it we got ripped off not being #1!!!!! lol........:glasses:
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I just put up this pic, it is a small portion of my collection...............
  • randomtai
    Options
    I just put up this pic, it is a small portion of my collection...............

tumblr_mhrmbbFqLi1rjzeroo1_500.gif
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I like the flavor of Frank's the best.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    This may seem boring but I generally stick with tabasco.
  • camorganart
    camorganart Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Cholula with my omelettes, it's mild but has a nice flavour. I use Tapatio for everything else, it has a bit more kick.
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have a few of these, and some are new to me :) Awesome!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Bump

Anyone know a make me cry kind of brand. Love spicey????
  • rachiealx
    Options
    The one I always use up the fastest is Cholula, but I always have loads in the cupboard and adore them all with different dishes.

Currently in my cupboard I have Cholula, Tabasco, Heinz (the chipotle and habanero kinds), Sriracha and every type of Nando's hot sauce, hahaha!

Edited: To fix a typo! Whoops.
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Franks.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite brands/sauce

- Blair's death sauce, especially the green one (Jalapeno) and the Salsa de la muerte. They are tasty without the overkill feeling you may have from other Blair's sauce (like the After death and Ultra death).
    - El Yucateco (as pictured above), especially the Salsa picante de chili habanero green (seriously, I put that **** on everything) and the Carribean one.
    - Cholula, the regular one and the chili-garlic variety too.
    - Piri piri sauce from Maçarico
    - Texas Pete hotter hot sauce
    - Tabasco chipotle
    - Valentina extra hot sauce
    - Eaton's - we brought back a lot of Eaton's product from our last holiday in Jamaica. I love the Jerk seasoning - Bay style (first ingredient: scotch bonnet pepper!), and some of their hot sauce are really killer too, like the West indian mustard hot sauce and the Scotch bonnet pepper sauce)
    - Speaking of hot sauces brought back from Jamaica, they have Grace hot pepper sauce everywhere in Jamaica (and it's good and versatile) and Grace also make a really nice Habanero hot sauce
    - Dragon fire sauce from Island Spice is nice too
    - I love both product from Queen Majesty, the Scotch bonnet and ginger sauce and the Jalapeno and lime sauce. They're expensive, but they are produced in Brooklyn, which is nice.
    - In term of Asian hot sauce, if you don't like Huy Fong, you can try the Sambal selection from indonesian brand Koningsvogel. Probably the best ever Sambal Oelek on the market. They also make and Extra hot bajak sauce that is terrific.
    - Sky Valley Organic Sriracha is also good. And you can buy it at Costco!

Well. That's it for now. Spread some hot sauce love! ;)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Texas Pete's is my go to on a daily basis, but I do search out other brands to try.

texas-pete-jpeg1_zpsd390b4e8.jpg
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite brands/sauce

- Blair's death sauce, especially the green one (Jalapeno) and the Salsa de la muerte. They are tasty without the overkill feeling you may have from other Blair's sauce (like the After death and Ultra death).
    - El Yucateco (as pictured above), especially the Salsa picante de chili habanero green (seriously, I put that **** on everything) and the Carribean one.
    - Cholula, the regular one and the chili-garlic variety too.
    - Piri piri sauce from Maçarico
    - Texas Pete hotter hot sauce
    - Tabasco chipotle
    - Valentina extra hot sauce
    - Eaton's - we brought back a lot of Eaton's product from our last holiday in Jamaica. I love the Jerk seasoning - Bay style (first ingredient: scotch bonnet pepper!), and some of their hot sauce are really killer too, like the West indian mustard hot sauce and the Scotch bonnet pepper sauce)
    - Speaking of hot sauces brought back from Jamaica, they have Grace hot pepper sauce everywhere in Jamaica (and it's good and versatile) and Grace also make a really nice Habanero hot sauce
    - Dragon fire sauce from Island Spice is nice too
    - I love both product from Queen Majesty, the Scotch bonnet and ginger sauce and the Jalapeno and lime sauce. They're expensive, but they are produced in Brooklyn, which is nice.
    - In term of Asian hot sauce, if you don't like Huy Fong, you can try the Sambal selection from indonesian brand Koningsvogel. Probably the best ever Sambal Oelek on the market. They also make and Extra hot bajak sauce that is terrific.
    - Sky Valley Organic Sriracha is also good. And you can buy it at Costco!

Well. That's it for now. Spread some hot sauce love! ;)

Awesome, thank you!