wireless headphones

Options
I know this is not really weight loss related, but I thought this would be the best place to find some answers. I'm looking into buying wireless headphones. I've got a six month old whose bedroom is right above our family room, and when she goes to bed at 7 is usually the best time to exercise. The problem is, the basic, inexpensive elliptical machine we bought is pretty loud, and to watch tv on it while exercising, the tv must be on full blast. Enter the wireless headphones.
I've been looking for reviews, but all i can find are something along the lines of "this is great for watching tv in bed while my spouse is sleeping" or "I can keep the tv on and walk around the house and still hear everything," or "I'm clinically deaf and can hear now!" etc.
I can't find anything that is at all related to using them while working out. Does anyone have any that you use and can comment on?
Thanks!

Replies

• Dreamingwillow
    Options
    I bought the Sony Ericsson Hi-Fi Wireless headseat with FM radio and they work great! They have a long range and the battery lasts for hours and hours. Model MW600. Good luck!
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I moved outin 2000 into an apartment I bought a really expensive pair of wireless headphones. My honest opinion: They're GARBAGE. If you move too much you get blasts of static, they didn't work around walls, they were HUGE and actually gave me neck issues if I walked around too much with them.

Sure it was 11 years ago and I hope technology has improved. All I know is for how much I spent back then it was pointless and I ended up buying regular headphones with a super long cord (you can buy headphone cord extenders at Radio Shack ect).
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My husband has a pair of Sony wireless headphones. He doesn't use them while working out, but he said they would work fine for working out. I think we paid about $100 for them and he loves them.
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    I bought a set at walmart that plugs into the headphone jack on the tv, is rechargeable, a little large, but works well. It also has it's own volume gage on it. Turn the tv about 1/2 and use the headphone for the rest. if it still isn't loud enough turn up the tv!
  • dede08
    dede08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find some as well. Amazon.com has a ton, however, if you sweat a lot even the best ones give out. So for now, since I run, I'm stuck with the wired headphones.

B UTif sweating is not an issue, try AMAZON.COM and search for wireless headphones. hope that helps
  • cgsamp
    cgsamp Posts: 5
    Options
    I had a similar issue and purchased two items:
    Sony Two-Way Bluetooth Adapter for iPod and MP3 Players
    Motorola Bluetooth Stereo S705 SoundPilot

The two-way adapter has a 3.5mm jack for audio input - you can get a patch cord from radio shack to connect to your TV's rca our headphone output. The SoundPilot is a small medallion with a headphone jack that received the signal and has its own volume control.

This setup allows you to use your favorite headphones (I use earbuds) and isn't infrared-based so sounds good through movement. I got about 30-40 ft, worked great. Highly recommended.
  • Nicole114
    Options
    My husband bought some of those and they work really good. They are Sanheiser brand. They were about $45 on crutchfield.com. They can get pretty loud (I've used them myself) so I think they would work for working out. I do make him use them when he's watching tv in bed when I'm trying to sleep haha. But they really do work good and he said they have like a 300 ft range.
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We have a pair of TV EARS is what they are called. We can mute the main tv and it doesnt affect the volume on the headset at all. It just plugs into the av jack on the tv.
  • ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, everyone - I went with the $45 sennheiser model from amazon. Should arrive today. We'll see how it goes!