A fresh start.

Options
Hey people reading, my name is Aaron, I'm 30 years old and looking to get fit and healthy. I used MFP before and had some success, and think it's a great tool. Since that time I've basically been stuck not really losing or gaining, and to get back on track I've decided it's time to get back on here.

I've also joined a new gym and have began applying my self to join their kick boxing program, which is suppose to be pretty intense as some of their members consists of amateur and pro competitors as well as people who just want a great workout. In the mean time I have been training with the owner to get me prepared for the class as well as a workout to help me towards my goals. The training is HIIT and built around functional strength. Another reason for being back on MFP is that they also use it to track your nutrition.

So, I mainly figured now is a good as time as any to get back to being active on the forums and to look for friends for additional encouragement as I make this journey to a positive and more enjoyable lifestyle. Would love to hear from anyone who reads this and heavily believe I could make a great friend in return.

Replies

• heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi Aaron,

I'm Heidi,
    I'm on daily and do my best to offer support and encouragement where I can. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Asimmons22184
    Options
    Add sent, thanks for the reply Heidi.
  • SlyMouse
    SlyMouse Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big talker on here, (at home, my husband says I never shut up). But I'd love to have a friend on here who will communicate. I've been working hard this year. Started in January, Started with an old trainer for group training classes in February, didn't really get motivated until March. Finished with that trainer in May, had weekly phone chats with a dietician for 6-8 weeks. My trainer had me on coconut oil and other extreme dietary goals. My dietician tried to get me back on a more balanced meal plan, and I think I lost more in those 6-8 weeks than I did with my trainer in 14 weeks. Then I hit a plateau. And have been there for a while. But I kept up the exercise as often as I could go. It seems lately, life has gotten in the way. I started gaining during this last week. But, today, I'm making myself get back at it. I start a "buns & guns challenge" tomorrow, then next week I start a "Lighten Up" program, similar to "The Biggest Loser", complete with trainer and dietician. I'm looking forward to losing 15 more pounds by Thanksgiving.--Well, I wish you the best. And it looks like I AM a big talker on here. Rita :laugh:
  • odywithaj
    odywithaj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Aaron, feel free to add me too. I am coming back from a running injury and gaining close to 30 lbs.. maybe we can encourage each other along the way :)
  • Asimmons22184
    Options
    adds sent.
  • Bex2BeSlim
    Options
    Feel free to add me, also looking for active pals on here :)

Bex