Vitamins and supplements

Options
Do you take vitamins and supplements? Which ones and why? Do you think they have helped you lose weight or get healthier? How so? Asking real people, not sales people. :)

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The only supplements I take are Shakeology and Super Suma. But I didnt start taking them until after I lost the weight. But I can say I feel better, sleep better, and my cholestorol and BP has been perfect since then.
  • jennybinney1987
    jennybinney1987 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just take over the counter off brand multi vitamins. why? cuz my dr. told me to do it with my weight loss. he said don't spend dumb amount of money on all these vitamins when one off brand will do the trick. I do think its helpin me. ive lost 17 pounds in 2 months
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I don't take any. I think they are nothing but expensive food coloring for my pee.
  • jtl6713
    jtl6713 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know I have trouble eating enough vitamins through diet. Thinking about supplements.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read, if you are eating a wide variety of nutritious food, supplements, even multi-vitamins are unnecessary. My only supplement is calcium + Vitamin D. . . and that because I have osteopenia.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Do you take vitamins and supplements? Which ones and why? Do you think they have helped you lose weight or get healthier? How so? Asking real people, not sales people. :)
    there is no real reason to take supplements if you are getting a balanced diet and have no health issues. The only time you may need to is if you are vegan or vegetarian as vitamin b12 is not easily available but as do many of the non dairy milks are fortified with b12 now it's not a huge issue even then.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I take the GNC Women's for Energy and Metabolism. I buy them at Sam's Club. I don't think they've helped with weight loss but on days I forget to take them, I seem to have less energy.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Check out your daily nutrition totals and then you will know if a reaching your daily micro nutrient goals.
  • BabyJUDYKAY
    BabyJUDYKAY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't take any. I think they are nothing but expensive food coloring for my pee.

That is what my dad always tells me. :tongue:
  • BabyJUDYKAY
    BabyJUDYKAY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is really pushing Plexus. She really thinks it the greatest thing ever. I am reluctant to jump on the band wagon.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i take a low potency multi vitamin (365 adult multi) plus sometimes i have some protein powder mixed in water or milk. i don't think either helps me lose weight, but it does make it much easier to maintain a 1200 net calorie diet and still get enough nutrients and protein.
  • dmoamin96
    Options
    I sometimes take D and magnesium but not often. I also take Omega 3 but I don't think they helped me with my weight loss. I used to take multi V over the counter but I felt they made me feel hungry I heard from before that they increase your appetite I don't know if it is true for all.