Fall like recipes??

Options
melissamarie2196
melissamarie2196 Posts: 42 Member
I love fall and the richness of the smells of food bakeing..Any good recipes for the season around the way?? :)

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I just posted a recipe for ham and lentil soup, it would be great on a cool evening! :)
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love apple crisp.... Found a lighter version that has oatmeal in the topping .Makes the house smell heavenly with the spices.

The tart granny smith apples in this low calorie baked apple crisp are complimented nicely with the sweet crumb topping and creamy frozen vanilla yogurt. This apple crisp truly makes a superb fall treat.

INGREDIENTS
    4 cups peeled, cored, sliced granny smith apples (3-4 medium apples)
    1 Tbsp granulated sugar
    2 tsp lemon juice
    3/4 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup flour
    2 Tbsp brown sugar
    2 Tbsp melted butter
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 cup low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt
    Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Total Time: 45 minutes
    PREPARATION

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
    2. Place the apples evenly in the bottom of a 11x7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
    3. To complete the crisp, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until the mixture resembles of course meal. Top the apples evenly with the oat mixture.

4. Bake the crisp at 350°F for 30 minutes.

5. Top each apple crisp serving with 2 tablespoons of frozen vanilla yogurt.

Serves 8

Per Serving (1/2 cup apples with 2 Tablespoons of frozen yogurt) Calories 190

Good Recipe, missing a step
    This is a good low-calorie dessert. It seems to be missing a step, though. I think the apples should be tossed with the lemon juice and one tablespoon of sugar. The rest of the ingredients are topping ingredients.
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Fluff:

1 can pumpkin (Pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
    1 sf vanilla pudding (1 4 serving instant pudding)
    1 cup skim milk
    1 tub ff cool whip (8oz)
    2 tsp pumpkin seasoning

Blend all together and chill. You can eat is as a a yogurt, or you can dip ginger snaps in it...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash Soup

baked or microwaved butternut squash, cubed
    chicken or vegetable stock
    crushed red pepper
    salt and pepper
    sour cream or Greek yogurt

blend the squash in a food processor, adding stock until it's smooth and the consistency you want. Add salt and black/red pepper to taste, and serve hot with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt on top. Very filling, delicious, and very low calorie!

You can also do this same recipe with cooked carrots, which I LOVE.
  • kcabrera2170
    Options
    love that i found this! newbe here please add!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Bake a fork pierced yam.

about an hour at 350.

split and top with cinnamon and butter and brown sugar.

if eating as a side with dinner top with salt and pepper and butter and cayenne.

either way reminds me of fall bringing the warmer weather.

27727_baked_sweet_potato_3_600.jpg

TBH sometimes when the yam is moist enough inside I skip the butter if I've already met my fat macros and it does just fine with the salt, pepper, and cayenne. i eat it most as a side with dinner than as a sweet version dessert or snack.
  • samrf11
    samrf11 Posts: 1
    Options
    325 cal Pumpkin Pie smoothie

1 whole - Banana
    1 cup - Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1/2 cup - Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    1/2 cup - Pumpkin Puree
    1/4 cup - Whole Wheat Oats
    1/2 tsp - cinnamon
    1 cup - Ice

Fills up a large shaker cup and can also add egg whites and/or vanilla whey to get extra protien.

Cal 325
    total fat 4.5g
    Cholesterol 2.5 mg
    Sodium 243.5mg
    Potassium 552.mg
    Total Carbs 76.g
    Dietary Fibers 10.6g
    Sugars 23 g
    Protein 20.5 (not including egg whites or protein powder)

Enjoy
  • CescaFiori
    CescaFiori Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please share your fall savory favorites too!

Just made a modified version of Boston Market Squash Casserole. I lightened up the common on-line recipe as shown below. I will give another try to see if I get it down even further next time. I love veggies and I like coming home from work and having something delectable to look forward too without a whole lot of prep to go through. That way I don't get lazy about prepping veggies, serve with 4 oz. of baked chicken tenders (marinated in any of the following, yoshida, low sodium soy, light terriyaki, careful though all have high salt) both can be baked ahead and a quick zap in the micro. Also combines well with a Aidelle's Chicken Apple Sausage and salad. Delicious!

8oz sliced zucchini & yellow squash combo
    1.5 cup chopped yellow onion
    5 T butter
    1/2 package Jiffy corn bread mix, prepared
    2 chicken bouillon cubes
    1 clove garlic minced
    1 t salt
    1/2 t thyme
    1/2 t pepper
    1 T fresh chopped parsley
    4oz diced cheddar cheese
    1/2 c water

Prepare Jiffy cornbread per package. (I forgot it called for milk and used water, was still fine but did not rise much) Saute onion in butter over medium heat until translucent, add garlic and bouillon cubes and stir. Turn down heat to low/off. Add seasonings, toss in squash and 1/2 of corn bread crumbled and diced cheddar cheese to mix, no need to heat through. Add 1/2 c water over top which absorbs into cornbread, toss again and pour into baking dish (9X13), lightly sprayed with non-stick or olive oil spray, bake 350 degrees 50-60 minutes. Cover with foil until last 20 minutes. Serves at least 8. This version is estimated a 217 calories per serving.

Notes:
    > Diced cheddar is better than shredded, shredded gets absorbed into all other ingredients where with diced you find a little pocket of treasure here and there.

> Original recipe calls for steaming squash first and draining. Then add to saute onions This tends to make them too mushy and watery. Plush one more step and pan to clean up.

> Original recipe calls for 1.5 stick butter, whole pan of corn bread and twice the cheese, may cut these back even more next time so long as the flavors stay.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Bumping to keep the delicious ideas coming!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Please share your fall savory favorites too!

Just made a modified version of Boston Market Squash Casserole. I lightened up the common on-line recipe as shown below. I will give another try to see if I get it down even further next time. I love veggies and I like coming home from work and having something delectable to look forward too without a whole lot of prep to go through. That way I don't get lazy about prepping veggies, serve with 4 oz. of baked chicken tenders (marinated in any of the following, yoshida, low sodium soy, light terriyaki, careful though all have high salt) both can be baked ahead and a quick zap in the micro. Also combines well with a Aidelle's Chicken Apple Sausage and salad. Delicious!

8oz sliced zucchini & yellow squash combo
    1.5 cup chopped yellow onion
    5 T butter
    1/2 package Jiffy corn bread mix, prepared
    2 chicken bouillon cubes
    1 clove garlic minced
    1 t salt
    1/2 t thyme
    1/2 t pepper
    1 T fresh chopped parsley
    4oz diced cheddar cheese
    1/2 c water

Prepare Jiffy cornbread per package. (I forgot it called for milk and used water, was still fine but did not rise much) Saute onion in butter over medium heat until translucent, add garlic and bouillon cubes and stir. Turn down heat to low/off. Add seasonings, toss in squash and 1/2 of corn bread crumbled and diced cheddar cheese to mix, no need to heat through. Add 1/2 c water over top which absorbs into cornbread, toss again and pour into baking dish (9X13), lightly sprayed with non-stick or olive oil spray, bake 350 degrees 50-60 minutes. Cover with foil until last 20 minutes. Serves at least 8. This version is estimated a 217 calories per serving.

Notes:
    > Diced cheddar is better than shredded, shredded gets absorbed into all other ingredients where with diced you find a little pocket of treasure here and there.

> Original recipe calls for steaming squash first and draining. Then add to saute onions This tends to make them too mushy and watery. Plush one more step and pan to clean up.

> Original recipe calls for 1.5 stick butter, whole pan of corn bread and twice the cheese, may cut these back even more next time so long as the flavors stay.

Please tell me more about the cheese. The pretty pretty cheese. (for instance do you buy the cheddar already diced or what size do you dice it?)

I too have found that when dieting certain ingredients it's nice to have them big so they are noticed in the final product rather than "wasted" in the end result as "wasted" calories that cannot even be tasted.

Thank you for knowing this about cheese and pointing that out in your recipe!:flowerforyou:
  • badbradley
    badbradley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Make fall vegetable ravioli.

Roast your favorite squash or fall vegetable, mash it up and add whatever seasonings you like (thyme, basil and savory are my favorites + salt and pepper).

Use the small size wonton skins instead of pasta to make the ravioli. Brush one with beaten egg, drop a small spoonful of the vegetable mixture into it, fold it over and gently press it to get any air out of the ravioli and make a tight seal. Place them on a lightly floured baking sheet and then put it in the fridge for a few hours. You can then freeze them, put them in a ziptop bag and boil them up whenever you want.

Boil them at a gentle boil so they are less prone to split the seams.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Cream of Pumpkin Soup

1 container of vegetable stock/broth
    1 can of pure pureed pumpkin
    1 onion, chopped
    3 bay leaves
    a dash or two of pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 cup of half and half or unsweetened almond milk

Add the bay leaves, pumpkin pie spice and onions to the broth. Cook until the onions are tender. Add the pumpkin. Remove the bay leaves and puree the soup. Add back the bay leaves and simmer. Remove from heat and add half and half or almond milk.

Sooo yummy and easy!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Fluff:

1 can pumpkin (Pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
    1 sf vanilla pudding (1 4 serving instant pudding)
    1 cup skim milk
    1 tub ff cool whip (8oz)
    2 tsp pumpkin seasoning

Blend all together and chill. You can eat is as a a yogurt, or you can dip ginger snaps in it...
    [/quote

Thanks for sharing this sounds great!!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love apple crisp.... Found a lighter version that has oatmeal in the topping .Makes the house smell heavenly with the spices.

The tart granny smith apples in this low calorie baked apple crisp are complimented nicely with the sweet crumb topping and creamy frozen vanilla yogurt. This apple crisp truly makes a superb fall treat.

INGREDIENTS
    4 cups peeled, cored, sliced granny smith apples (3-4 medium apples)
    1 Tbsp granulated sugar
    2 tsp lemon juice
    3/4 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup flour
    2 Tbsp brown sugar
    2 Tbsp melted butter
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 cup low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt
    Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Total Time: 45 minutes
    PREPARATION

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
    2. Place the apples evenly in the bottom of a 11x7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
    3. To complete the crisp, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until the mixture resembles of course meal. Top the apples evenly with the oat mixture.

4. Bake the crisp at 350°F for 30 minutes.

5. Top each apple crisp serving with 2 tablespoons of frozen vanilla yogurt.

Serves 8

Per Serving (1/2 cup apples with 2 Tablespoons of frozen yogurt) Calories 190

Good Recipe, missing a step
    This is a good low-calorie dessert. It seems to be missing a step, though. I think the apples should be tossed with the lemon juice and one tablespoon of sugar. The rest of the ingredients are topping ingredients.

Thanks for sharing, you always have great recipes. I will have to definitely try this one. :)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites that I make almost every year. Everyone always loves them. Not necessarily healthy but nutrition facts are listed.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Iced-Pumpkin-Cookies
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites that I make almost every year. Everyone always loves them. Not necessarily healthy but nutrition facts are listed.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Iced-Pumpkin-Cookies

I had these and they are the best cookie I have ever had..,awesome
  • melissamarie2196
    melissamarie2196 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone..
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump