Not lost weight...

Options
Hi I have been doing healthy eating for around 2 months. I have started taking measurements as my weight won't budge. I have measured today and have lost another inch off my tummy. Still not lost weight but staying the same. I'm 5 5" and weigh 131 pounds. Would like to loose around 11 pounds but I must be doing something right if loosing inches...

Replies

• ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Have your activity levels changed? Could simply be losing fat/gaining muscle.
  • etienh
    etienh Posts: 6
    Options
    What ajnb88 said! Muscle weights more than fat. Sometimes the scale can be deceiving. The real results will often be seen with a tape measure! What sort of physical activity are you getting up to these days? Maybe a small tweak there can give you the extra boost that you need.

That's great that you've been keeping up with a healthy dietary regimen though! Keep it up!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing and keep your positive attitude. You'll reach your goals.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Well, you are already within a healthy weight range and the amount you want to lose is very small, so I would say it's just slow. With that little to lose, about half a pound a week is about right. The trick is that when you get to that point, watching your cals has to be meticulous because just a few hundred cals here or there can keep the scale from moving. So, my suggestion would be to really watch your food intake. If you haven't already, then weigh your food and measure your liquids. If you aren't willing to do that, I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm still in measure mode and it's so much a habit, I don't really notice it anymore. I guess just focus on the exercise aspect and getting to the size you want and let the scale number go.
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I run 3 times a week at the moment but that will change once kids go back to school. I use the cross trainer and use Jillian Michaels fitness DVD. I exercise 6 days a week. I also do between 70 - 150 squats every day. I eat good carbs and I am trying increasing my protein. At the moment I am making sure I eat 3 meals a day but once I am back in work I may not fit in 3 meals as job very busy. I know I am a healthy weight range but would like to weigh less and be more toned. I am feeling healthier and clothes are feeling more loose so I must be doing something right. I will just keep going and hopefully weight will drop.