Will my body slowly get rid of fat?

Options
Hello all,

Weighing in at 100KG (can't remember when it was exactly, but it was late May/early June) was a big shock to me, so that's when I started my journey!
Anyway, I'm now down to about 82KG. However, despite my BMI being 'healthy' (I'm 6ft exactly), I still have quite a bit of fat in my stomach, legs and facial areas.
My question is this - will my body slowly but surely 'get rid' of this fat naturally? My face, for instance, is quite chubby for someone of my height and weight, I feel. Or do I just have to keep losing weight until I'm content with my fat levels?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You have to eat at a deficit to reduce body fat levels.
  • hh121
    hh121 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You haven't really answered my question.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    As your body loses fat, it loses from where IT wants to. The answer is, you'll need to lose more fat to lose it in those places.

You can't exercise your face, LOL
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Build muscle and it will burn the fat. Nothing worse than being "thin" but you butt still jiggles.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise?
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As your body loses fat, it loses from where IT wants to. The answer is, you'll need to lose more fat to lose it in those places.

You can't exercise your face, LOL
    Except for talking! Lol
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Well you can't spot reduce, but if you are eating adequate protein (varies for everyone, 0.8g/lb for heavier people or 1g+/lb for leaner/lighter peopl eis a good starting point) and ideally strength training, then your body will lose more fat than muscle/etc. Remain at a deficit of course as well.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If you eat at a moderate calorie deficit while lifting heavy weights, then yes. Mathematically and scientifically you HAVE to lose weight if you are expending more calories than you are taking in.
  • hh121
    hh121 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Guess i'll just carry on what I'm doing and start to lift some weights!