VERY ODD..but delicious Low Carb Recipe

Options
I have to admit I was very skeptical about this...but I just got up and went and tried it...OMG! You will NOT believe how good it is.
I got this from LINDA'S LOW CARB web site...THANKS LINDA!!!!!

CINNAMON-CRISPY PORK RINDS
1 ounce pork rinds *
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Cinnamon/granular Splenda mix *

Spread the pork rinds out in a single layer on a dinner plate. Drizzle the butter all over them then sprinkle them liberally with the cinnamon/Splenda mixture. If you like, you can warm them for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave.

Makes 1 serving
Do not freeze

* 1 ounce of pork rinds will pretty much cover a dinner plate in a single layer. I tried to select pork rinds that were somewhat flat but any shape will work. I didn't measure the cinnamon and Splenda because I already had some mixed in a shaker jar. I'd guess you may need about a teaspoon or two of Splenda and 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. The counts are based on 2 teaspoons Splenda and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.

Per Serving: 289 Calories; 28g Fat; 13g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

Replies

• pjames22
    Options
    I have to admit I was very skeptical about this...but I just got up and went and tried it...OMG! You will NOT believe how good it is.
    I got this from LINDA'S LOW CARB web site...THANKS LINDA!!!!!

CINNAMON-CRISPY PORK RINDS
    1 ounce pork rinds *
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    Cinnamon/granular Splenda mix *

Spread the pork rinds out in a single layer on a dinner plate. Drizzle the butter all over them then sprinkle them liberally with the cinnamon/Splenda mixture. If you like, you can warm them for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave.

Makes 1 serving
    Do not freeze

* 1 ounce of pork rinds will pretty much cover a dinner plate in a single layer. I tried to select pork rinds that were somewhat flat but any shape will work. I didn't measure the cinnamon and Splenda because I already had some mixed in a shaker jar. I'd guess you may need about a teaspoon or two of Splenda and 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. The counts are based on 2 teaspoons Splenda and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.

Per Serving: 289 Calories; 28g Fat; 13g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb