something I could make in bulk and take for lunch everyday that week
healthy etc etc etc..

lunch recipes?

Thanks yall!

Replies

• mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i always liked wraps when i was working, like grilled chicken wraps or turkey and ham wraps and stuff em full of veggies
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    wraps are a great idea!
    I had a lean cuisine meal today.... otherwise its usually ham or chicken salad sandwich with an apple and yogurt...
    maybe even cook some chicken and make a chicken salad?
  • tigerrohr1969
    Options
    the wraps are always a good idea, unless you want to do your big meal at lunch, then I would do the slow cooker meals. Make them on the week-ends, and turn them into sandwiches (on wraps/flat bread/wheat) or meals...depending on what your looking to do. Or...you can do a Shakeology in the morning b-4 you go to work, then have veggie snacks for lunch if your hungry, Or..do the shakeology for lunch :)
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    I pack my lunches for the week on Sunday night, and it has taken me a few years to find the perfect combo of things that won't get soggy and gross after 4 days in the fridge...luckily I don't get bored easily because I've been eating this every weekday for quite some time! My current workplace has no fridge, microwave, or even breakroom so I have to eat in my car. I take a lunchbox with an ice pack.
    Apple slices or red grapes (depending on how the produce looks)
    Baby carrots
    Skinless almonds (not too many)
    Whole wheat wrap with pepperjack and lean turkey/ham/chicken (recently went to tofu cheese, it is ok in a wrap)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    i've found that pasta reheats best (as opposed to meats, or sandwiches that get soggy). Lately my fave recipe has be low-cal stuffed shells (around 105 cals per shell, so 2-3 makes a good, low-cal, protein-y, delicious lunch). I know pasta+weight loss usually does not = success but I've been pretty successful (depending, I suppose, on your definition of success) with these.
  • emmiee_167
    Options
    As someone that used to work outdoors and i now work indoors i have figured out many healthy snacks and lunches.
    when i worked outdoors i used to pack tuna and crackers by John West,fruit, and any left overs that were okay to eat cold-tuna bake spag. really relys on personal perference. also i had yougart and ceral for breakfast.
    indoors is great, i have tuna and 4 bean mix and some vitawheats as a snack and heaps of water. usually just leftovers as i have access to a mircowave. I usually have quiche, stir-fry,soup,tuna + vege bake, curry- these are pretty cheap and easy things and you can stuff as many veges as you want and it still tastes good. i hope this helps. If you want to make a sandwitch i sugguest packing the bread seperate to the contents you want to put in or it will go soggy, plus bread always tastes funny when its been in the fridge