Hello :)

Options
Hello!

I guess you can call me new. I've had the myfitnesspal app on my phone for probably a year now. I messed around with it a few times, and for one reason or another, I never took it very seriously. I never took my weight loss seriously. It was always a matter of "Next week, I'm totally gonna do this." I'm great with research, and I'm actually pretty well educated on fitness and weight loss. I understand how it all works (although on a pretty basic level, I guess). I know that to lose weight you have to create a calorie deficit, I know that you should exercise for a wide variety of reasons, and so on. But when it came time to get ready to start, I always wanted that mountain dew, or that heaping plate of pasta.

A week and a half ago I got my 24 hour fitness membership back. The same day, I did my first hour workout of this 'adventure.' I also started tracking my calories. Since then I have missed a few days in actual logging, but I have been keeping track. I even logged yesterday, knowing that I went over my calories since I didn't head to the gym.

My very bland, boring story could go on forever, and is far from over. I feel good about my start, and I hope to find more tools and information to keep me on track, and motivated. Maybe I'll even familiarize myself with these message boards. I'm doing this alone, so talking with people going through the same thing is sure to help, right?

Replies

• kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Way to go! you've got the First step down pat! logging your calories and re-joining the gym! Thats great news!
    I log on here every single day since I started in November/December and cant get enough of it! Its where I get my support and motivation! Now you just need a plan and to stick to it like- what days am I going to the gym to do cardio, what days will I do my strength/ weight excercises! you'll feel amazing trust me! definately need to eat right too though obviously, starting with breakfast..... I feel loggin calories is the best! and if you ever have any questions I post them on here and ALWAYS get a response! good luck and if u need support feel free to add me :)
  • Hollydgriff
    Hollydgriff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started a few months ago, but only recently began tracking daily. Wow! is all I have to say. I've lost 7 lbs. so and I'm loving watching those numbers go down and down.
  • barbarabelk
    Options
    Thank you both! I'm very excited to explore this area of the site as I get into this. I have many reasons for my decision to lose weight, from the obvious to the not so obvious. I'm hoping to find as many reasons to stay motivated as possible!
  • esteemacalm
    Options
    Hello!! Yes, talking with others and being friends with others is VERY motivational. Same premise that AA is based on. It works. Why? Because when you are not feeling it, you don't want to exercise, you don't want to drink water, you want that plate of pasta (MMMMMM, I love pasta), then you can come here and get motivated.

Someone has always exercised when you have sat on the couch all day. It motivates you.

The other day one of my friends on here logged in that she had just done 60 minutes on the elliptical, I was like WHAT!!?? and that made me get up and go for a 20 minute walk....I'm nowhere NEAR 60 minute elliptical level yet. If I got on the elliptical for 60 minutes, that would surely be followed up by 60 days in the hospital!!...but it doesn't matter that I can't do what she does. The fact is that she motivated me to keep moving.

You're gonna get a lot of support here, trust me.