Frustrated.

Options
I decreased my calories and I really increased my exercise and I monitored my food for 36 days straight and I have lost 0 pounds.
I've gained 40 pounds since I got married and I just would love to lose 10 of it!
Ideas???

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    1. Eat less and/or exercise more.

2. Repeat until weight loss begins.

If you haven't seen your doctor, it's always a good idea to do so when beginning your weight loss journey.

It will happen. Stick with it. :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately logging your calories? Can you open your diary?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so you won't get much help with this except: deficit = weight loss.
  • bethterning
    bethterning Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tried several diets, and will admit I wasn't always 100% committed. Then I found this diet offered by my employer-- SANFORD Health. Here is the website. I figured since it was backed by a health facility it had to be worth trying.

I lost 27 pounds in 12 weeks. My co-worker lost 35 pounds in about the same time. Her cholesterol was 294 and she got it down to the 160s. It helped me listen to what my body needs instead of the cravings. It is a commitment, but I've found that having set guidelines for what I can eat has actually helped me instead of making me feel restricted. If I ever were to gain the weight back I would do this plan again because I know it works. The best part is...even though I am at my goal, I still get to meet with my health coach frequently to make sure I am staying on track.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    While the saying is "eat less, move more," it's not as simple as this. If your sedentary needs to maintain your weight were about 2200 calories, and you decide to eat 1800 for fat loss, and then after a while you increase your activity enough so that on average you need about 2600 calories a day to maintain your weight, then eating 1600 calories (or even still 1800) isn't going to do you any favours. At this point you'd lose weight eating MORE food than you did when sedentary while still maintaining the same degree of deficit - in this case 20%, or about 2100 calories with the new activity level. Eating at 1600 would be closer to a 40% deficit, which is WAY too severe.

So make sure you're eating enough for your activity levels while still being at a deficit. So if you use MFP\s net method then eat back exercise cals. Make sure you weigh/measure food accurately to ensure you're as close to your estimated needs as possible,and monitor for a month. Lower or increase the cals as needed if you are losing more than ~4-5lbs a month.