30 Day SHRED...what happens

Options
What happens when you are done with the shred?
do u gain it back?
like if you complete 30 days and then your like...no more shredding.
do u gain weight back because you stop

ALSO

how many calories do u burn on average for the workout
like if ur 200+lbs??

Replies

• mrsposty
    Options
    I don't know! LOL - I am gonna start the 30 day Shred tomorrow....I will keep ya posted though! Have you already done 30 days? How did it work for you?
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    As long as you continue to exercise the weight sholdn't come off! The best way to know how many calories you are burning is to wear a heart rate monitor. I'm going to do the shred tomorrow also, so I'll keep you posted:)
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    In my personal opinion I have to move (exercise) pretty much all the time to keep the weight off. But, I have done the 30DS from begining to end and It was amazing. I kept 90% of the weight I lost off after doing it. Right now at 150 pounds I burn about 250 calores for each time I do it.
  • CanDeBar
    Options
    According to livestrong.com: " While the 30 Day Shred is a challenging workout for varying fitness levels, the total calories burned will depend on your starting weight and fitness level. If you currently weigh approximately 150 lbs., you will burn about 167 calories during a 20-minute workout."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/322448-how-many-calories-does-30-day-shred-burn/#ixzz1BvNEsFSo
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You can't just work out for 30 days and be done for the rest of your life. You do it for 30 days then you find something else to do. Shred is what gets you started. I promise, once you finish with 30 days you'll be looking for the next thing. You won't want to just stop and gain it back. If you do then all that hard work will be for nothing. Shred is awesome, it's the perfect workout to start with.
  • GorgeousMani
    GorgeousMani Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thanks. no...i have it but i just didnt want to commit if it was going to creep back on :/
  • GorgeousMani
    Options
    i dont mean stop all exorcising just the shred, i already walk places and such
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred last spring from beginning to end and lost 13 lbs. You will find something else to do when its over. I started walking/jogging a ton since the weather was nicer when I finished. I didn't do nearly as much strength training when I finished the Shred and I kept all of the weight off and kept losing. I only gained when I quit exercising and tracking food altogether for a few months during the Holidays. The Shred is really an awesome program to jumpstart your weight loss routine, its nice that it steps up the intensity when you're ready for it and it is a quick, but totally effective workout! I LOVED IT!!
  • imacrafty
    Options
    Love the 30-day shred! I did it last year for about 90 days. For me, it was the quickest work out for the highest results! I would do the shred in addition to walking/running on the treadmill until I reached 10,000 steps. You will get stronger! :)

Recently, I restarted the shred - did it for about 3 weeks - but I get bored easily and I like to throw other things into the work out mix.
  • GorgeousMani
    Options
    i guess i shall begin the SHRED this February >:)
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 days in to The Shred
    I record the calories burnt at around 200, which i think i got online somewhere, but it didn't mention how your body weight affects the calories burnt.

Starting to feel like its getting easier now, going to upgrade to heavier weights tomorrow. so stick with it guys, 20 minutes a day isn't too bad.

as for after the 30 days, someone here said that she just continues to do them everyday or every second day but i'm sure if you keep up any other exercise the results will stay.
  • GorgeousMani
    Options
    i just dont want to do the shred forever :/
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have heard of people doubling it up after the finish it, like doing it twice in a day and things like that, but you can find other videos after you finish it if that's what you want to do