Ear Phone Recommendations...please :)

Options
I'm halfway through week 5 of C25K and about 4 weeks ago I started weight training...and I sweat like a pig. I've been using my ear pods that came with my iPhone5 but they slide right out of my ears. I tried my Sony "headphones" this morning, but their too clunky and got so sweaty they almost slid off my head!!

Looking for suggestions for ear phones to wear while working out / running that won't slide out / off?

Thanks!

Replies

• StenSrm
    StenSrm Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just a random link I found but I use these - http://www.shopclues.com/philips-shq3005-10-headphone.html .
    They're really comfortable and the sound is great!
  • etienh
    etienh Posts: 6
    Options
    Skullcandy has worked well for me! I got them as a Christmas gift about three years back, and they have yet to fail me. That being said, I can't attest to how expensive they are, but I feel like you can find a decent pair under $20 at stores like PacSun, Zumiez, or Journeys. My pair came with two sets of different sized rubber... covers? Basically if one size was too big/small, I could try the other one instead. Ultimately, I'd say go for something with the rubber around the sound piece to prevent slipping and sliding!
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    Awesome - thanks! I had no idea they made earphones that have that little over the ear piece - I think that will work perfectly! Tomorrow is a holiday here and everything is closed, but I will swing by Future Shop on Tuesday!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I have some motorola bluetooth that are great and stay on while running/jogging.

29509743.png
  • playful1510
    playful1510 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would recommend some IEM style earbuds. Instead of sitting just outside your ear canal like the Apple earbuds do, the tips are in the canal giving them more contact with your skin, making it harder to accidentally pull them out.. Also, it may help to loop the cables over your ears so that there is a bit of a strain relief, so that the first tug doesn't rip them out of your head. I have a pair of Sony earbuds, and they work really well. They sound good for earbuds, and they even have phone controls on the cable. The only downside that I see for IEM style 'buds is that they act as mild earplugs, so if you run outside either be VERY aware of your surroundings, or leave one bud out for environmental awareness. Nobody likes getting hit by cars that they didn't hear!

If you were wondering, I use the Sony DR-EX12IP/BLK.
  • WestieGoneNorth
    WestieGoneNorth Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've taken up running and sweat a TON! In addition to that I have a tragus stud piercing in my ear so hard insert earbuds were a no go which forced me to use "over ear" headphones. Through research I found the best fit for me has been Yarbuds headphones. Their whole branding and advertising revolves around the concept that their product was designed by athletes for athletes. I, myself, have their "behind the ear" headphone which allows users to conform the headphone "shape" to their ears. The "bud" portion of the headphone is a soft mold-able material that fits perfectly in my auditory canal. Because the headphones mold tightly, yet super comfortably, around my ears my runs have been awesome (even with all the sweat!). I LOVE THEM!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I would recommend some IEM style earbuds. Instead of sitting just outside your ear canal like the Apple earbuds do, the tips are in the canal giving them more contact with your skin, making it harder to accidentally pull them out.. Also, it may help to loop the cables over your ears so that there is a bit of a strain relief, so that the first tug doesn't rip them out of your head. I have a pair of Sony earbuds, and they work really well. They sound good for earbuds, and they even have phone controls on the cable. The only downside that I see for IEM style 'buds is that they act as mild earplugs, so if you run outside either be VERY aware of your surroundings, or leave one bud out for environmental awareness. Nobody likes getting hit by cars that they didn't hear!

If you were wondering, I use the Sony DR-EX12IP/BLK.

+1
    I also sweat a lot and have to use this type. Also agree 100% with the point about being aware of your surroundings.

I always wear a running hat and wind the cord around the strap in back to keep it from tugging while I run.
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    Awesome - thanks so much everyone! ....(and good to know I'm not the only heavy sweater!! lol!!)