Berry's bare belly challenge - September 2014

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
Hello, and welcome to the easiest fitness challenge on MFP! If you haven't done it before the rules are simple - plan to work out regularly throughout the next month until you're confident enough to work out at the end of the month with a bare belly, even if it's in the comfort of your own home!

Optionally, post a before shot and stats at the beginning of the month and a photo after you do your bare belly workout at the end of the month. You can also post your workout plans and it'd be lovely to hear progress reports during the course of the month.

Without further ado, here's my "before" with my best attempt at looking sad because my belly's so big:

Septemberbefores_zps9f9ef7ca.jpg

As of this morning, my weight is 13 stone 5lbs (shock!) and my waist measurement just above my navel is 41 inches (horror!).

I plan to run twice a week with a 10K race in three weeks' time, do cross-training DVD workouts (with core work, goodness know I need it!) a couple of times a week and swim for recovery.

Over to you and your bellies!

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Bezza, I'm first in! :drinker:

Starting stats: 10st 13lb, waist 34"

Plan for September is to finish Body Revolution (only 3 workouts left), then start combo of PiYo and kettlebell/dumbbell workouts, with a courteous nod towards cardio when strictly necessary (like running for the bus, or to get to the chippy before it closes). Also, logging retrospectively in September just to see if I've actually learned to listen to my body, cut 90% of chocolate and biscuits.

5ea02e24-6945-4368-a53c-3c539b0de091_zpsdb42f7ff.jpg
    d1234829-5199-43a0-9a47-2d307aaca92d_zps489861da.jpg
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    About to take pics. Bumping so it's in my topics.
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Worth a try. ???? bump for posting again later.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    *Sigh*. Not my finest starting stats/pics.

Weight 15st 3.5lbs (213.5) this morning, waist 33inches. In my defence the month has started at a bad time for me but I guess it's technically better than it was at the start of Aug (albeit up from last week).

Here are some photos.

407B4C28-B895-4989-B039-6E549EDC03AA.jpg

42A40251-CCAA-48BD-9BB0-270B7E2F6925.jpg

1287BCF2-B0B3-4906-9979-B0853491F692.jpg

F00517C8-53A0-4B78-93A4-B3D7D93B403C.jpg

Here's to the end of Sept being slightly less podgy!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • happyterrie
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Starting stats:
    Height 170cm (5'7")
    Weight 64.3kg (141.8lb)
    Abdominal measurement (narrowest point between ribs and hips 75cm (29.5 inches)
    Waist measurement (around belly button) 87cm (34.3 inches)

I'll post a pic later...having problems uploading
  • BerryH
    Options
    Good morning bare belly babes! Last night I had sore ankles form running over uneven terrain on Sunday so I went for something low-impact and was recommended Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. Coretastic!

I'll see how they're holding up tonight, but I may go for a swim then do some ab work.

I linked my account to Facebook for added accountability, but I think I might stick to just posting exercise and weight-loss. Non MFP friends might think I'm a bit sad keeping a food diary, right?
  • BerryH
    Options
    Very busy today and saving my pennies for a holiday to Scotland at the end of the month, so my diary today looks DREADFUL! But I did get FitBit calories for walking miles to and form work and at lunchtime. Plus I did some core and upper body resistance this evening, feet still too hurty for any impact! At the mercy of a press conference buffet tomorrow, yikes! I'll try and get some fruit and salad down me on someone else's expenses!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    I'm hanging in there, though the motivation to work out has been minimal as I've been really tired. I have however been sticking to food etc and I'm feeling a lot less bloated than earlier in the week.
    Going to try and get a workout in tonight and keep up the good eating for as much of the weekend as I can manage!
  • BerryH
    Options
    By some miracle I've lost three pounds. Though I haven't weighed myself after last night's accidental pub trip and the subsequent hangover gorging, oops! I did get out for a run on Wednesday. I feel a DVD workout coming on tonight as I can't see myself leaving the flat again once I've closed the door!
  • BerryH
    Options
    Morning bare belly babes! How's it going?

I had to take a couple of weeks out with crippling lower back pain, but I'm back and at it again now. Managed to keep those three pounds off despite suffering a birthday in the meantime! First day back in the gym for ages yesterday - I thought they'd put the bunting out! DId some recumbent biked and lots of core and runner's strength exercises.

I've decided not to run the 10K on Sunday. It's a tough course and I always manages to injure myself on it - not a great idea when I'm going on holiday to Scotland next Wednesday!
  • BerryH
    Options
    I'm back! Just a pound down, but waist down to 39" and belly noticeably flatter. I haven't counted calories this month, but I think being on holiday and running every day, and just not sitting on my bum at a desk all day made the difference!

Anyone up for October?

Before:
    Septemberbefores_zps9f9ef7ca.jpg

After:
    2e1d8160-1420-4966-ad47-35a0f14f4720_zpsb278be79.jpg