Eliptical trainer

Options
So I am trying to add my session on the elliptical trainer on the cardio section and the name doesn't come up. Also, I add in my strength training exercises and while I can add the individual exercises, I don't get any credit for added calories. Anyone got any advice as to what I should do? Thanks

Replies

• IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Just double check your spelling of Elliptical Trainer because it's definitely there, I use it. :)

Edit to say - your thread title is spelt wrong - it has two Ls in it. You spelt it right in your original post though :)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Under cardio search for Strength Training.
  • Feener99
    Feener99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I checked and you are correct, thanks so much. FYI, my spelling wasn't the best in shcool either, lol.
  • Feener99
    Feener99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Strength training is under cardio and thanks for your feedback. My first post and two questions and I got the answers I needed in just a few minutes. I love this site already.
    Options
    I checked and you are correct, thanks so much. FYI, my spelling wasn't the best in shcool either, lol.

:) You're welcome.
  • Ambrosia29
    Ambrosia29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Speaking of elliptical, other than being a good cardio workout, does it also help build and tone muscle in the legs, thighs and butt?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    Be warned that the MFP entry for the elliptical can be inflated, depending how intensely you work out. My typical workout is 65 minutes on the elliptical targeting a heart rate of 140-150. My HRM says I burn a little over 500. The machine itself says around 750, and MFP database says 896.
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Be warned that the MFP entry for the elliptical can be inflated, depending how intensely you work out. My typical workout is 65 minutes on the elliptical targeting a heart rate of 140-150. My HRM says I burn a little over 500. The machine itself says around 750, and MFP database says 896.

I really need to get a heart rate monitor because I use the elliptical nearly everyday and just use what MFP says. Mind you, I work pretty hard with a high resistance and incline and MFP estimates about half of what the machine estimates.
    Options

Totally agree!