Tone my butt and thighs

Options
Hello :-)

I'm pretty happy with my weight, I'd like to lose another 2 kilos or so as I still have some extra fat on my thighs and butt that I'd like gone, but I really want to start toning them as well.

I'm 4 weeks into T25 and love the program but would also like to do some extra exercise 3-4 times a week to tone my butt and thighs more. I'll be working out from home, I have a few dumb bells and a bar bell so can do some weight training if it's what will work.

Can anyone recommend a good program to target my bum and thighs?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit...
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit will only help you lose the fat on top of the muscle, if you want to build on the muscle you have and get a "toned" look, squats, deadlifts and lunges are the go to exercises for working the legs and bum. You say you have dumbells and a barbell, so I would say look at videos on how to properly do the exercises and give it a go. If you have a gym membership even better, the trainers there would be more than happy to help demonstrate proper form :)
  • cinds77
    Options
    Thanks guys - sorry my original post wasn't all that clear. I'm fine with the calorie deficit/losing weight part - interested in recommendations on toning bum and thighs.

I don't have a gym membership - I only work out at home.

I was thinking squats and lunges, but was worried that the exercises would get repetetive and less effective if I'm doing a similar thing each day.

Are there any programs out there just to tone this area. I really suck at following through when I just plan what exercises I'm going to do myself.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    'toning' just means losing bodyfat... the only way to lose bodyfat is to be in a calorie deficit...
  • cinds77
    Options
    Ok well I want to lift my bum, get a bit more muscle there and in my thighs, but not bulky. So whatever you call that is what I'm aiming for
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit...

this.

/thread
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Ok well I want to lift my bum, get a bit more muscle there and in my thighs, but not bulky. So whatever you call that is what I'm aiming for

to build muscle you need a calorie surplus... or at the very least eat at maintenance and do some recomp.
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit...

this.

/thread
    ...except the OP said she wanted to build some shape....which will require exercise

OP - try this link for some ideas

http://bretcontreras.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/glute-secrets/
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit...

this.

/thread
    ...except the OP said she wanted to build some shape....which will require exercise

OP - try this link for some ideas

http://bretcontreras.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/glute-secrets/

this is true, but to see that shape, she will need to reduce her BF%. Thats what gives you that "cut" look. once you get low enough and achieve that look that is pleasing to you is when you can engage a lower glute/hamstring/thigh workout regimen coupled with a calorie surplus to add size while staying lean