Love MyfitnessPal had no idea I ate so much.

Options
Turns out my Mom is right, I eat all the time and a lot of junk. I put on a lot of weight in the past few years, will not buy new clothes the weight is coming off, I hope. Been at it a month, only lost 2 pounds which is very discouraging .....but I lost inches around my waist and I've been able to wear some stuff I couldn't get into in a couple years. Think this might be more fun with friends and mutual encouragement

Replies

• Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi cjjen22,

I am loving MFP for the same reason - in the 3 weeks I have been using it my eyes have been opened! I thought I ate a reasonably balanced diet but it turns out I have been taking in far too many calories, not always every day but some days it has been extreme. Don't beat yourself up about "only 2 pounds"...that is 2 pounds in the right direction!!

I haven't lost as much as I thought I would by now but I have forced myself to track my food and exercise - even on days I had a friend bring over a cheesecake for dessert which I couldn't resist a generous slice of, or last night when I was too tired to cook and fell back into the old habit of going out to pick up 'grease in a box' for dinner. Tracking that was horrifying - but I am slowly learning. Keep going, keep learning, and enjoy those items of clothing that you can get into now....they will be hanging off you in no time :)
  • radimage
    Options
    The 'guilt factor' is why I like MFP. I hate adding bad things to my diary...so I don't eat it.

Cheating id NOT an option.

I WILL get more fit!

Add me if you'd like.
  • Mokapally
    Mokapally Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ditto--I had no idea that 1)I ate that much and 2) I was only drinking 750 mL of water every day (and plagued by headaches and constant fatigue).

2 lbs is a great start!