What goes in your morning cup of coffee??

Options

Replies

• frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I drink it black! Vanilla almond breeze might be good!
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    I use Coffeemate French Vanilla liquid creamer -- just the regular. I get about 90 cals from that. I don't do sugar-free or fat-free since they just add chemicals to replace what they've taken out. I don't actually add sugar to most things in my diet, but I may eventually change to just milk w/a tsp or 2 of sugar. I just can't do black coffee.
  • Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Honey. It's natural and it has a nutty flavor.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Not much help here, I just require adequate amounts of caffeine in my cup of coffee!
  • davish28
    Options
    I drink mine black, but I have used fat free half and half before and it wasn't too bad. Since I stopped drinking diet pop I drink way more coffee so I had to just start drinking it black.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I drink cream and sugar. I like to enjoy my morning cup of coffee. I have one tsp. of sugar (15) calories, 1 tbs. of international delight (35 cal. ) and the cup of coffee at 2 calories. 52 calories I can live with so that I can semi enjoy my morning habit.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Just beautiful black coffee for me. The darker, the better. I love treats that are full of fat and sugar, but for some reason, I've always preferred my coffee plain — or loaded with booze, but that's for a completely different thread. :tongue:
  • pieconspiracy
    Options
    Just 1 1/2 sugars. I use french vanilla flavoured instant coffee... mmm :)
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just drink it black. I use a french press and make my coffee that way...really brings out the amazing flavor of coffee. Yummm now I want coffee lol
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    light soy milk or light vanilla soy milk!
  • chrysnel
    Options
    I've switched to unsweetened almond milk, works for me, naturally sweet and nutty, no fat, has as many calories in a whole cup as some of those creamers have in a tablespoon.

I agree! Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is the best!

Also, if I'm having a mostly carb breakfast such as toast (sprouted grain, of course!) or oatmeal, I'll add a scoop of chocolate protein powder to my coffee to get my protein in - tastes like a mocha! :) Yum!
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use So Delicious Coconut Milk creamer...either vanilla or hazelnut...its SO good and very low cal...20 cals per TBL..and no fake sweeteners..
  • armywifeana
    Options
    1 Tablespoon of Splenda, and 1 Tablespoon of Sugar Free French Vanilla Creamer (powder) - 15 calories per cup :o)
  • bethy1987
    Options
    I like my coffee black!!! If I want it to be sweet then I would rather just get a frapp at Starbucks lol but yes just regular cofffee for me!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I used to drink the flavored creamers and a lot of it! Slowly I reduced the amount of creamer in my coffee then I began replacing it with half and half. I have a 16 ounce cup of coffee in the morning with 60 grams (4 TBS) of regular half and half in it. It's 80 calories and I really enjoy it so I'll spend that 80 for a good cup of coffee! If I were drinking a "normal" 8 ounce sized cup of coffee it would only be 2 TBS for 40 calories.
  • LoseItCorinne
    Options
    Coffee Mate makes one called Sweet Italian Cream. It comes in Regular or Fat Free, I used to only use the vanilla creamer but since trying this one i have changed. Even the Fat Free one is amazing.. Give it a whirl!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Good strong coffee with 2 teaspoons sugar and about 2 tablespoons 2% milk... hmm my morning indulgence!
  • ssaemblog
    Options
    All I put is a little bit of 2% milk and one sweet n' low for each cup. I don't need any fancy flavours from elsewhere since my variety of Starbucks coffees usually have its own flavour.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    This is SO my thread. Okay, as far as I am concerned I am nothing without my morning coffee. 2 cups. I drink one the way I like it (4 tbsp sf creamer) and one black because that's how much caffeine I truly require to get my butt out of bed.
  • armywifeana
    Options
    The hubby just pointed out to me my calories were WRONG in my coffee.. instead of 15 per cup it's 30.. There goes my coffee drinking mornings. BAH!