Dumbbell workouts

Options
Hey guys
I've been working out with bodyweight training , i can't go to the gym .
So today i got a pair of dumbbells and i was wondering how to workout with them !! I mean what muscles should i combine together ? And how how many reps and sets ... In general , i found some exercises on youtube , but as i said i found some workouts for only chest and 7 mintue length ! And some chest with triceps , and some triceps and biceps , with different length each ! So if anyone know a good routine for upper body dumbbell workouts , or even just what's the best muscles to work together ( chest with shoulders or what ever something like that :) )

Replies

• Ffitnesss
    Options
    The link didn't work :/ i couldn't find anything!
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    You could try an app called Jefit it gives you dumbell exercises that work each part of your body, you can hold your weights while doing lunges and for deadlifts.

I would like to find a good dumbell workout to follow though so I'll be keeping an eye on this.
  • nmcknny
    nmcknny Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Google dumbbell workouts and you'll find lots--one has animated illustrations. There's a good mix of upper body, to get strong, total body, and that's only the first page.

Maybe you can find a book that you could follow to get started. I use Strong Women Stay Young--it's aimed at women but there is a section for men to use the exercises.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I second this recommendation, a really good site that's simple to use and seems to cover everything.

Good luck!
  • Ffitnesss
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
    But the workouts in the site work ALL your muscles in the same workout !! Which is not effective as muscles being divided into muscle groups , such as : chest with shoulders , and biceps with triceps ... And so on !
    It's true there's a lot of workouts on youtube , BUT the muscle groups aren't all the same , and some of the workout videos work each muscle individually ! I couldn't find an app or any site with visual description of a dumbbell workout routine , though there's sites( such as the one above ) that gives you a workout for all of your body muscles , so as on youtube !
    But i guess there's isn't any routine available online for dumbbell workout for muscle groups divided :/ ! I guss i have to make my own , and gather workouts online each separated :)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
    But the workouts in the site work ALL your muscles in the same workout !! Which is not effective as muscles being divided into muscle groups , such as : chest with shoulders , and biceps with triceps ... And so on !
    It's true there's a lot of workouts on youtube , BUT the muscle groups aren't all the same , and some of the workout videos work each muscle individually ! I couldn't find an app or any site with visual description of a dumbbell workout routine , though there's sites( such as the one above ) that gives you a workout for all of your body muscles , so as on youtube !
    But i guess there's isn't any routine available online for dumbbell workout for muscle groups divided :/ ! I guss i have to make my own , and gather workouts online each separated :)

Unless you are already intermediate (or beyond) you don't need to worry about body part splits, upper/lower splits, push/pull/leg splits, etc. You just need to train full body 3x a week.

Unless you're already pretty strong, you're not going to be able to hit a body part sufficiently hard that it's going to need that long to recover.

I wouldn't try to write or assemble my own routine if I were you. I would stick to something that's proven.