any ladies over 60 and having a hard time

Options
If you are over 60 and need support I can do that. I sure need your support also...I have previously lost weight but now its so hard to do maybe we can help each other :flowerforyou: you can add me as a friend

Diane

Replies

• buckymac
    buckymac Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there - not 60 yet (a mere 4 months away) and need the motivation also. It was so much easier when I was younger to lose 5 lbs or so - the body changes in more ways than one as we get older. It takes longer to do almost everything, but I do thank God for my health every day. No issue at all. Just want to feel better. Good Luck to you. :smile:
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ladies. I will be 65 in a couple of months. I have always been able to lose weight whenever I set my mind to it, but for the past few weeks, no matter what I do, I seem to be stuck with the same weight. I recently even lowered my calorie intake from 1500 calories to 1380, which is what Myfitnesspal shows I should eat. My husband and I walk at a little park near our home, about 6 days a week. Depending on how much time we have, some days we walk for a little over an hour. I have been careful to log everything I eat. It gets very discouraging!!!! I have a friend that tried the South Beach diet. Has anyone else had an luck with it? I am determined somehow to lose this weight. I need to lose around 29 or 30 more pounds.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
  • MaidenVermont
    MaidenVermont Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane
    I have been on this yo yo diet for all my adult life. I need to lose now for health reasons. I am new to myfitnesspal as I usually have done well on WW but now want to try something new. I am hoping this will help me to get and stay motivated. I am waiting for monday of the new year so I can start my diet...I know some people want to say eating healthy but for me I have to call it was it is....diet and then when I get near my goal I can change it to eating healthy. Its so discouraging to have done this so many times and to have to start over...but I always have a good reason, major stress, this time it was my husbands 2 yr battle with cancer and his death this august. I am looking forward to "meeting" you.