My scale is evil

Options
So I started P90X on Weds (1/19) When I started I decided I want Sun's to be my off day. I'd weight myself in the morning and then just take the day off. So Sat night I was bored and couldn't sleep. Figured I'd just do day 5 and then go to bed. After my work out I jumped on the scale and it said I weight 171. I was kinda surprised I dropped that much in just a couple days. Then I figured it might been because of the workout. So I went to bed.

I woke up Sun. morning and decided to check it again to see if that was the case. And the scale said I was back up to 278. I was a little disappointed by no big deal I guess. While right before I jumped in the shower I checked again (I normally don't check my weight much. But all this had me curious) and the scale said I was down to 266. So now I am really confused. I know weight will go up and down slightly throughout the day. But to jump 7 lbs up, then down 12 lbs.... I think it is screwing with me a bit lol I was going to buy a new scale tomorrow. I thought maybe it was broken or something. But maybe this is normal or something?

Replies

• xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your scale is probably evil. I know mine is. Is your scale digital or analog? I know some analog scales are bad for getting out of sync.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Your scale is probably evil. I know mine is. Is your scale digital or analog? I know some analog scales are bad for getting out of sync.

It's analog. I always check and make sure it's at zero before I jump on. So I don't know if it's broke or what's going on. I didn't wanna waste money though if it's not.
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    its broke
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    THat scale is trying to mess with your head! 2 options
    1 ditch the scale, what is the point in weighing when you can have no confidence ib what it says
    2 buy a scale that works

If your new scale behaves the same..... Go see an exorcist :D
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    broke
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    THat scale is trying to mess with your head! 2 options
    1 ditch the scale, what is the point in weighing when you can have no confidence ib what it says
    2 buy a scale that works

If your new scale behaves the same..... Go see an exorcist :D

lol good advice! I'll try to pick one up tomorrow.
  • VP72
    VP72 Posts: 89
    Options
    I agree - it's definately broken.
    You also need to ensure that it's on a flat surface - any slight bump & it will read wrong.

Plus try sticking to weighing yourself same day, same time every week.
    I am a fine one to talk as I find myself getting on the scales morning, noon & night & have paid for it this week as eventually only lost 1lb!

Good luck with the scale search - I recommend digital ones!!!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    lol it's broken .Analog scales normally do show a difference of 1 or 2 lbs but this is insane , get a new one.