How do you guys progress through C25K?

Options
If you struggle, but push yourself and manage to get through it, do you repeat it the next day until you can complete it comfortably, or do you just keep pushing through? I'm on week 6 day 3 (22 mins running) and I can do it, but it just about kills me and I think I'm really slow...I just wondered if I should work on doing that day comfortably, or is it supposed to be a challenge? When I have occasionally tried to repeat a day, the app seems to get confused :S Just thought I'd get opinions, anyway. Thanks!

Replies

• tennisgirl444
    tennisgirl444 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You said you can do the workout- so keep going! Don't repeat unless you can't finish the workout. Pace will come :-)
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I repeated until I could do it comfortably.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I struggled with some of the weeks. But if you are managing it, you are doing ok!! Don't worry about speed at the moment. Slow down your pace if necessary and concentrate on completing the run.

Have now (just) finished the final week and am managing 30+ minute runs 3 times a week.
  • moniquenatalie
    Options
    I think each level is supposed to present some amount of difficulty. I completed it sometime back...there were days when I barely made it through and would repeat that day's challenge before moving to the next level though.
  • spa407
    spa407 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just keep going. When (in last round) I got to a day I could not complete I did repeat that until I could finish it. If the length of the run is daunting then sssssllllllooooowwww your pace and you'll be surprised just what you can complete.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I did what the app told me to do without worrying all that much about my pace.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have repeated several weeks but normally if I have had a gap of more than a week for whatever reason. Always leave the day between runs that they suggest though

There are times when I didn't think I could finish a run but got there and the sense of achievement is great

Personally I have had to switch to a treadmill for the longer runs (Week 5 onwards) because I really struggle with pacing and end up setting off too fast, just cant help myself

Am hoping to get back to running outside at some point though
  • chrisinleedsuk
    chrisinleedsuk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Seeing as you're finishing it and not far off the end goal of a 30 minute run I'd just continue. Pace will come in time.
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    As long as I got through it, I went on. I only repeated if I failed one.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K and am now on the 10K program. On one occassion I did not finish a run, or more precisely I made longer breaks, so I repeated the day.

What is really important in my opinion is to get enough sleep and enough protein. If I did not sleep enough it is much harder.

Stef.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i pushed through. i only repeated if i couldnt finish a workout. discomfort (but not pain) is a necessary part of getting fitter getting past physical discomfort is a mental thing
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Unless the run was exceedingly difficult, as in nearly unfinishable, I would stay on track. All runners have tough runs once in a while.