Did I eat too much today?

Options
Today I had:
Breakfast: 1.5 cups of oats with tbl spoon of honey and 1 chopped banana
Snack: 1 serving of low fat strawberry yogurt ( maybe 103 kcal)
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs,5 small slices of left over stewed beef.
Snack: 1 bowl of grapes
Dinner: 120 grams of baked salmon, 1 cup of green beans, 1 carrot

After dinner: 10 oz of milk ( 160 kcal) i think i drank too much of it...

I'm just getting started counting calories, so I have no idea if this is too much or too littler...thanks! I'm 5'8 and 126 pounds. my calorie goal is 1800

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Well what is your calorie goal and how many calories did you eat? Honestly it doesn't sound like much.
  • caitconquersweight
    Options
    It doesn't sound like much at all to me. Are you willing to eat similar to this forever? Is this sustainable and enjoyable or are you just doing it to lose weight? Because if you want to be successful, you need to find something that you're willing to do for the rest of your life.

I know for a fact that I'd be extremely hungry if I ate what you did.
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Looks way to low!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    What is you calorie goal??? and what is your overall goal?? Only you would be able to tell us this.. We have no info (Height, weight, age, activity level, etc).. reading you list though doesn't sound like much to me but hard to tell..... Best of Luck
  • Jacoblorenzo2
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1800. I weigh 126 pounds and i'm 5'8
    What is you calorie goal??? and what is your overall goal?? Only you would be able to tell us this.. We have no info (Height, weight, age, activity level, etc).. reading you list though doesn't sound like much to me but hard to tell..... Best of Luck
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Is your diary open? It doesn't sound like a lot, but then again, it depends on what kind d of yogurt( I had a yogurt today for breakfast that boasts 300 cals a cup, I had a half cup of the stuff-- that yogurt is made with cream) whether or not that meat you had was cooked with a lot of oil, etc. Whether or not thos "five slices" were big, thick, hearty slices of beef, etc. Do you exercise at all? Its hard to tell how many calories that is just by what you're putting down when we don't know quantities. What is your calorie goal? Age? Weight? Height? Too many variables. What is too much for one, may not be enough for someone else.
    Eta: just noticed you put down height and weight. What is your goal? Are you trying to gain or lose? If weight loss is your goal, you may want to evaluate whether or not you should instead be trying to tone and build muscle, as you are not currently at an overweight bmi.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    that honestly doesn't sound like you ate ENOUGH.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

And how many calories did you eat?
  • Jacoblorenzo2
    Options
    The yogurt had 83 kcal per 100grams, the jar was 500 grams, and I only had a small portion of it. so maybe around 103 kcal?
    Is your diary open? It doesn't sound like a lot, but then again, it depends on what kind d of yogurt( I had a yogurt today for breakfast that boasts 300 cals a cup, I had a half cup of the stuff-- that yogurt is made with cream) whether or not that meat you had was cooked with a lot of oil, etc. Whether or not thos "five slices" were big, thick, hearty slices of beef, etc. Do you exercise at all? Its hard to tell how many calories that is just by what you're putting down when we don't know quantities. What is your calorie goal? Age? Weight? Height? Too many variables. What is too much for one, may not be enough for someone else.
    Eta: just noticed you put down height and weight. What is your goal? Are you trying to gain or lose? If weight loss is your goal, you may want to evaluate whether or not you should instead be trying to tone and build muscle, as you are not currently at an overweight bmi.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is add what you have eaten into your food diary - with as accurate weights as possible it will then tell you how many calories you have eaten and how many are remaining - I would guess you have quite a lot still so can enjoy a snack to get you up to your 1800 goal...

Hope that doesnt sound patronizing, its really the only way to find your answer
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say you overdid it. Though you need to do some kind of measurements. Oatmeal seems more than one serving is that a serving size?
    Beef ... what kind ? grams or ounces? or did it have a serving size on pkg?

These may well be within your goals but you do need try to measure some how.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    The yogurt had 83 kcal per 100grams, the jar was 500 grams, and I only had a small portion of it. so maybe around 103 kcal?
    Sigh.

You're tracking your intake incorrectly and inaccurately. Either measure all your food or better yet weigh it with a food scale. And then log it into your diary. And figure out your TDEE or at least your net caloric needs based off of being at least lightly active (unless literally sleeping all day).
  • z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You need to buy and use a food scale.

Was the salmon baked with oil etc
    ?

Five slices of left over beef is meaningless as we don't know the weight or how they were cooked etc
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options

You are not eating 1800 calories. you are not even close to it.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You have a BMI of 19 you do not need to lose weight. Your goal weight basically puts you under weight. I think you need to address why you think you need to lose weight
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You have a BMI of 19 you do not need to lose weight. Your goal weight basically puts you under weight

^^This
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Ok, that's nice. Are you looking to gain weight, maintain, do a recomp? What is your goal?
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I took a glance at ops profile. Although her diary is not open, it states that she is looking to lose five pounds, which would put her underweight. My fear is that she will reach that goal weight, still not be happy and attempt to lose even more when a body recomp may have accomplished what she desires.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Impossible to say depending on what 'slices of beef' and 'bowl of grapes' means.

Weigh it, enter it in your diary, and you'll have your answer.