Crock Pot SOS!!

Options
My crock pot decided to give up the ghost this afternoon, and my lovingly-prepared pork loin needs to cook.

I have a crock pot with a removeable ... pot portion, and was thinking of covering it in foil and sticking it in the oven.

Does anyone out there know at what temperature I can put it on to simulate "low" on a crock pot?? I'm frantic, I have company coming! It is supposed to cook 6 hours on low!

Replies

• jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The lowest setting your oven has, usually 200 or 250 would be fine, just keep an eye on it and it should be perfect.
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The lowest setting your oven has, usually 200 or 250 would be fine, just keep an eye on it and it should be perfect.

Will 6 hours on say 225 work just as well as a crock pot? I'm so mad at Hamilton Beach.
  • pixelatedsun
    Options
    I've thrown it in the oven at 225 with a timer set for 5 hours from now since I spent about an hour with it on the slow cooker turning off and on and off and on. I'll check it then - hopefully it'll be OK though! :(
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've thrown it in the oven at 225 with a timer set for 5 hours from now since I spent about an hour with it on the slow cooker turning off and on and off and on. I'll check it then - hopefully it'll be OK though! :(

To be safe, I wouldn't put the crock pot bowl into the oven. It's made for a crock pot, and you don't want to risk it shattering or getting damaged in the oven.

I would use a roasting rack/pan with a wine bath in the pan to cook it.
    Not sure if this will help now, but hopefully it will for next time!
  • pixelatedsun
    Options

To be safe, I wouldn't put the crock pot bowl into the oven. It's made for a crock pot, and you don't want to risk it shattering or getting damaged in the oven.

I would use a roasting rack/pan with a wine bath in the pan to cook it.
    Not sure if this will help now, but hopefully it will for next time!

I appreciate the input! I did check the manufacturer website, and they said it was admissible - Hamilton Beach is apparently decent in the oven and dishwasher both.