Weight watchers

Options
Hi all, just looking to get some feedback on weight watchers. I love MFP, but have a hard time with menus. I am a very picky eater and tend to eat too many carbs and no veggies. I need guidance on menu options and some structure. I have done alot of research on weight watchers and feel that it could help, any opinions

Replies

• CelticWarrior
    Options
    Hi all, just looking to get some feedback on weight watchers. I love MFP, but have a hard time with menus. I am a very picky eater and tend to eat too many carbs and no veggies. I need guidance on menu options and some structure. I have done alot of research on weight watchers and feel that it could help, any opinions

sure could help ,but your still paying for the food you can make yourself. When I started my weight loss I had no idea food wise what to do...........

From this site, to searches I have learned to balance my meals and portion control ,same thing weight watchers will do for you but only free if your willing to put a little effort into it.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I do WW as well as MFP, and it would depend how you did WW whether or not it would help you.

I do WW at home (so don't go to meetings) and follow the Pro Points plan. That means I can make all my own choices the same as MFP, so no structured menu plans or anything like that. What I will say is that there are lots of meal suggestions, etc on their website that are quite good.

Maybe if you went to meetings, you'd get more structure around it. Or, they also do another plan called Simply Filling, where you have a list of foods that you are allowed to eat from and then a weekly allowance of foods that are not on that list.

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions on the WW stuff and I'll see if I can help.

Cheers,
    C
  • keepitoff99
    Options
    I've done ww online a few times. It is a good plan. However, I have found this site to be just as effective/helpful as theirs.
    Counting calories is much easier than counting points, in my opinion.

I agree that there would be much more support if you went to meetings - otherwise, there is a huge amount of pretty much immediate support on this site - and it's free!

Either way, good luck with your weight loss journey! Do whatever it takes to keep yourself motivated and reaching your goals! :drinker:
  • Lisabrownnc
    Options
    I have done WW in the past as well (online and at work). I have found MFP to be just as useful (and free!). All WW is doing is calculating calories for you (but changing them to points). At the end of the day, it's the same thing. If you're not sure about meal planning, etc., WW does have some fantastic cookbooks.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Personally I Like WW. It helps me balance out what to eat during the day. I eat what I would have normally except I have decreased my portions to "fit" my daily point allowance and weekly points. You can eat anything you want, just count the points/calories.