Good Breakfast?

Options
I've been eating bagels and Philadelphia cream every morning. I'm actually getting tired of it

what are good recipe for using egg whites?

Please do add me I need motivation.

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,416 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites mixed with real eggs to make scrambles. My two favorites are mushroom/spinach with 2 eggs and 2 whites and 1oz of cheese of choices, cooked all together. Can also add diced up ham or whatever. The other is using cubed hash browns and onions and peppers with the eggs and cheese. If you like breakfast sausage that can go in too.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love onions so I dice half an onion and cook it and add two eggs,sometimes instead I do a quarter onion and some spinach. I do whole egg tho not whites
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Why not eat the yolk? This morning I had a scramble of shrimp and eggs. Just put a few frozen shrimp in a skillet. When the shrimp are cooked, take them out of the pan and pour any water down the sink. Add some olive oil, then an egg, then the shrimp. Scramble. Yummy!

Recent science indicates that dietary fat has very little effect on serum cholesterol so a single egg yolk is really not much to worry about.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites mixed with real eggs to make scrambles. My two favorites are mushroom/spinach with 2 eggs and 2 whites and 1oz of cheese of choices, cooked all together. Can also add diced up ham or whatever. The other is using cubed hash browns and onions and peppers with the eggs and cheese. If you like breakfast sausage that can go in too.

I do this with eggs and veggies (same # of eggs/whites too, 20-30 grams of cheese depending on how many cals I have left for that meal) but I make an omelet.

I TOTALLY need to try this hashbrown thing though - i'm thinking the really small hashbrowns would be even better than the larger ones we have. Actually, I think I need to make this for dinner tonight lol.

And to OP, I also usually do oatmeal and fruit (and sometimes PB), or greek yogurt and fruit, or today I did greek yogurt + fruit + chex honey nut cereal in a bowl. Sounds weird but it's a delicious combo. And I'll do bacon (I do prefer poultry bacon though, I just find it more filing) and I love turkey sausages. I've also done baked oatmeal, it's really quite delicious.
  • DiNOxDrex
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

those are some tempting recipes
    I will try them 1 by one

-Drex
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

I do this with eggs and veggies (same # of eggs/whites too, 20-30 grams of cheese depending on how many cals I have left for that meal) but I make an omelet.

I TOTALLY need to try this hashbrown thing though - i'm thinking the really small hashbrowns would be even better than the larger ones we have. Actually, I think I need to make this for dinner tonight lol.

And to OP, I also usually do oatmeal and fruit (and sometimes PB), or greek yogurt and fruit, or today I did greek yogurt + fruit + chex honey nut cereal in a bowl. Sounds weird but it's a delicious combo. And I'll do bacon (I do prefer poultry bacon though, I just find it more filing) and I love turkey sausages. I've also done baked oatmeal, it's really quite delicious.

I've used leftover baked potatoes diced up (about 50g) or I use 50g of frozen diced hashbrowns, which takes a little longer but is easy to grab from the freezer.

This morning (well it was nearly 1pm, but it was breakfast), I had 4 slices thick center cut bacon, two eggs over easy and two slices of little big bread, one with 12g justin's chocolate hazelnut butter on it, the other light buttered to dip in my yolks. YUM!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Another thing I've been eating is oatmeal (28g) with 1tbsp pb mixed in. Going to try maple almond butter in it too. I also thicken/bulk this up sometimes by adding a tbsp(7g) psyllium husk, and obviously extra water. Makes the texture a little glutinous, but I don't mind much. This plus a side of one egg scrambled with one or two egg whites and about a half ounce of cheese is a nicely balanced meal, and filling!
  • OUCHilly1
    OUCHilly1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I use one whole egg too... I love spinach and and mushroom omelets... although it been awhile since I had one it sounds really yummy for tomorrow :wink: