Sugar Free Greek yogurt

Options
Is such thing exist? If not any suggestion for the lowest possible amount of sugar? Thanks..

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Just buy plain Greek yogurt. It has some sugar, but it's normal milk sugar.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has lactose (sugar). If you buy the plain stuff it has no added sugar, but of course it still has sugar, just like you aren't going to find sugar free fruit.

Sugar really is not evil.
  • spa407
    spa407 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The added sugar comes from the fruit that is added to the yogurt (if you get fruited brands). Best bet is to buy plain.
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can get plain soy yoghurt which I think has less sugar than dairy.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,405 Member
    Options
    Any good plain low-fat or full-fat yogurt will be free of added sugars, not sure on the fat-free ones. You can't escape the sugars naturally contained in the milk used to make the yogurt though.
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt will have less sugar than pre-flavored yogurt, but because it's a diary product there are going to be natural sugars/carbs from the milk used to produce the yogurt. Low sugar is out there, but no-sugar isn't possible because of the milk itself.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% is just milk and active cultures. I'd assume this is the same with most plain fat free yogurts (Fage is the one I like best), but reading the ingredients will say.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    No
    and no. Check labels and compare. Plain would be the place to start.

Alternatively,
    What in earth are you on about?
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Why? Just why..