I am at loss - please help!

Options
Hi I'm Elliot, (I am a female to male transgender)
I am 5ft3
At current I weigh 158lbs (11.4st) and I am aiming for 140lbs (10st) to begin with.
I have been on a low carb diet for 3 months now and eat 1400 kcal a day and I excersize daily by walking my dogs six miles in 120minutes or walking to town (3miles) in 40 minutes and I do free weights for 15 minutes.
In 3.5 months I have lost 16 pounds.
I have now been stuck at 11.5 for 3 weeks. I really need to know what to do, I read so many stories of people on low carb who lose 18 in a month... All I want to do is be my bmi of 10st by Christmas...
Please give me some advice on fitness or free weights or anything that might help me push to my goal because I can feel myself becoming demotivated.
Thank you.

Replies

• z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Walking is good for fitness but isnt huge for weightloss-you need to eat less. Count your calories and eat less than your tdee.
  • adante43
    Options
    I Advice anyone who wants to loose weight in a matter of a month or so to try the 24 day challenge. I am beginning mine and all I've heard is great results from it. You can purchase it online from the link ill provide you with. The 24 day challenge is the most popular plan out there and will cause dramatic and life changing weight loss and even the toning up of your body. You'd have to be a fool to not try it out. Here is the link to buy it.

https://www.advocare.com/140854799/
  • dazwan
    dazwan Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You may have just reached a plataeu, which is totally normal. At a basic level, your body has gotten used to the exercise you are doing. Often a change in your routine is required/recommended to shake you out of it.

Google Plateau's for more advice than I could ever give.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale to weigh anything solid & log in grams. Be 100% accurate and honest about everything you consume. Beverages, cooking oils, condiments, etc. Even weigh fruits, bread, etc. Just because the package says 1 slice = 41g (1 serving) it is usually off by 10-20%. So that's why you must weigh everything.

In all likelihood you're eating more than you think. The amount may not be great, but at 5'3" and 158 your BMI is not very high. Which means your deficit is easily wiped out by logging errors.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've always thought this is strange, but it works. Change things up. I've had a few small plateaus (2 weeks long on average). Change your exercise regime a bit to confuse the body. Do something different or work out longer.
    Make sure you are getting enough carbs to support the muscles.
    Change up your scheduling of food. If you eat fruit in the morning, eat it in the afternoon.
    Drink more water.

You don't have to change much, pick something and you don't have to stay with the change . . . just a few days and then you can go back to your routine generally speaking.

The body gets used to a routine and will adapt. Change something up to confuse the body. it works.

I panicked once when I increased my exercise regime. You would think I was burning more calories . . . the scale didn't budge, but the inches changed. I was advised the muscles held on to more water. I stopped exercising for a few days, the weight dropped???

I cannot explain the mechanics of why, I just know it works.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything. You're probably eating more than you think.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Try to speed up your walking to maybe a jog at times, that may help. Definitely weigh everything, it's a big pain at first but worth it.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I always tell people after a while it is no longer a challenge to your body for instance I work downtown Chicago and I get off the train and walk a few blocks to and from work that's just a normal day to my body. I do both cardio & strength training I do body combat, step, Zumba and body pump I also join challenges that makes me go further!