In need of support, I have about 200 to lose.

Hi I am 32 from Southern Indiana. I was on this site over a year ago lost about 60 lbs. Gain all but 10 back and so I then signed back up, but a week later on Jan.6th was in a real bad car accident. I crushed my pelvis broke it in 12 spots, broke my shoulder and many other smaller issues. Always food is harder to control for me than exercise. Once I start exercise , then I can control food better. Doctor has cleared me to work out again. So on this journey to reach my goal, praying everyday, once and for all. I would love friends and support of all kinds, especially those with over 100 - 200lbs to lose. I want this so bad and to never back.

Replies

• Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    I'm adding you, I am trying to lose over 150lbs. I'm around daily!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    I have about 50 to lose. Happy to give and get support. Add me if you'd like.
  • River_L
    River_L Posts: 12 Member
    i have over 100+ to loose. happy to connect
  • Brianne333
    Brianne333 Posts: 232 Member
    So sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are recovering!!

Just remember - lots of people have succeeded in losing 100, 200+ pounds. And most of them started out thinking the same thing:
    "How am I going to do this?". And yet - they did it! And so will you!

I also have a large amount to lose in the long run - I don't have an ultimate end goal, but it will probably end up about 150 pounds. And that is so overwhelming to think about. What has helped me so far in this journey to being healthier is that I don't think about the big goal. I really don't - I never think, "okay 120 more pounds to go!). I think that makes it seem like an impossible feat. Instead, I've broken it down into smaller goals. I honestly think it's made a world of difference for me. Knowing that my next goal is just to lose another 15 pounds makes this seem more attainable!
  • I have 100 to lose. Feel free to add me :)
  • emngill209
    emngill209 Posts: 14 Member
    Anyone can add me! I have about 70 pounds that I want to lose, and I just started up with this app again! Super excited and I would love to give support to people who need it. Sometimes that's all you need to hang in there!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Hi it's nice to meet you :) I am sorry to hear about your accident but I am glad you are recovering well. I would say start slow with exercise. I started just by walking them built up to other things over time as my body allowed. This is a great site and people here are so motivating and kind. :) The biggest key is make sure you are tracking and logging all of your food. Hold yourself accountable :) I started with 300 lbs to lose and have about 80 left and I have been on this journey just over 3 years :) Feel free to add me if you would like support and encouragement. Best of luck on your journey :)
  • Hi,
    So Sorry about your accident.
    I hope you are feeling better.
    I wish you good luck as you work on your road back to health and to working on your weight loss goals.
    I have about 80 pounds to lose and would be glad to talk to offer support.
    My name is Julie and I live In the Boston area.
    Take care, Julie
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    I would love to add you as a new friend. I have about 50 lbs to lose. Getting support is always good!
  • I joined this site before, but was never consistent. I have friends who lost plenty of weight using this site, but I just could not get myself together. I went to the doctor last week, and I am borderline diabetic and high blood pressure. I do not want to take meds so this is my attempt to really get back in there and lose this weight. I need people who will motivate me, because weight loss is not easy. I think we have to identify what's really holding us back (past hurt, setbacks, low self esteem, emotional eating/baggage etc.). I believe that weight loss is more than physical, it's emotional and mental. Not only are we working on our physical bodies, but we are working on becoming completely whole. So, I been doing a lot of praying and meditating, and now I am starting my journey again today. We can, and we will do it. So, let's embrace this journey, and stay motivated. Stay prayerful. Good luck.
  • I am also trying to lose around 200 lbs. Would like to join with you for this journey to support and encourage each other . I am 66 and live in Jackson, Ms. A friend of mine also joined tonight. Please add me to your group, if you like.
  • knitknat
    knitknat Posts: 6 Member
    I have about 50lbs to lose and I hate to exercise. However, I bought a FitBit and I am enjoying the competition to get as many steps in a day as I can. It is really working for me.