Exercise?

Options
I've just started dieting and exercising recently. I'm not as concerned about the number on the scale as I am about feeling confident in my own skin. I have a mushroom top and flabby inner thighs. If I could take care of these two areas, I would be so happy. The rest of my body doesn't bother me at all. My arms, back and and lower legs are very toned and at this point I would rather be focusing on the areas that really bother me. I thought about the Ab circle pro, but dont know anyone who has tried it. Can anyone recommend excercises/products that focus mainly on my inner thighs and my flabby stomach??

Replies

• flossicle
    Options
    Get ya self an exercise bike and pedal them away!
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    First of all you can't lose weight in only those area's, which is called spot reducing. so you would need cardio, and then focus on strength exercises that focus on your legs and stomach, like crunches + squats. go to fitnessmagazine.com they have heaps of cardio + strength workouts. hope this helps :)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    As JuliaAmy said, you can't spot reduce and you need a combination of strength training and cardio. My favourite work out is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd. Its only 20 mins long which means its easy to fit in to a busy schedule and it is a great combination of Cardio strength and ab work. It made a huge difference to my stomach and thighs and I started seeing results after only 10 days.
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You would need a mixture of both cardio and weight training. You won't be able to tone these areas up without getting rid of the layer of fat covering the muscle. I would recommend 30 mins of cardio at least 5 days a week and weight training. I love using exercise dvds for this, because you can get a variety of moves in and buy specific ones for specific areas too :)
  • kezereth
    Options
    I'm in love with the '10 minute soloutions' DVD's. As the title suggests they are short workouts split into ten minute sections. You might not be able to find half an hour in your day, but i bet you can find a spare ten minutes a couple of times. They are a great way to sneak in cheeky exercise, and there's a whole range of DVD's varying from toning up, to pilates, to aerobics to yoga. I like them anyway :)