best exercise for a flat stomach

Options
I've got eating down and I don't like weightlifting so that's something I know I won't continue doing, so is there anything else I can do to get s flat stomach, not a 6 pack? I was thinking maybe the 30 day shred? I don't have much to lose maybe another 6 pounds and its all belly! Any suggestions?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce. If you want to strengthen your core, I would suggest planks. Those are killer on the abs!
  • christinelast
    Options
    Will it make it toned?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    There is no "toning". We've all got a 6 pack, it's just hidden under a layer of fat.

Really, the best way to get rid of those last few pounds is to lift, and lift heavy. I did 30DS for about a year, but when I needed to lose those last few pounds I had to switch to P90X to do it. You're unlikely to get to where you want with just cardio and "girly" weights.
  • Autumn_Days
    Autumn_Days Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred worked really well for me. My stomach shrunk considerably and I lost a lot of inches around my stomach, but I didn't lose any weight on the scales. One thing I will say is, don't expect to just do the 30 days and have the results forever, you need to kind of "maintain" it. Well that's what I found anyway :) As I'm sure is true with a lot of other exercises!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't like weightlifting either but since I started it about a month ago, my stomach looks great! So if you're near your goal weight and just want to tone yourself up, I do recommend lifting or at least some type of exercise that builds a bit of muscle, like light body calisthenics or using dumbbells while doing squats, etc. You don't even need to dedicate a lot of time for those exercises; 15 minutes is all I do everyday before bedtime and I got great results~
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Thread after thread by the OP asking the same thing ... with the same answers over and over again. :indifferent:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Thread after thread by the OP asking the same thing ... with the same answers over and over again. :indifferent:
    Ah, I see what you mean. :huh:
    tumblr_mmvdkv4gry1rspo8oo1_500.jpg

The answers aren't going to change.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Ah, I see what you mean. :huh:
    tumblr_mmvdkv4gry1rspo8oo1_500.jpg

The answers aren't going to change.

Almost six months of starting multiple threads ... imagine if the same level of effort were put into the diet and exercise plans.
  • nknjansen
    nknjansen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fork put down.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    There is no "toning". We've all got a 6 pack, it's just hidden under a layer of fat.

Yeah, but there's a big difference between the abs obtained strictly through low body fat ....

3217a-_zq__y_.jpg

... and those obtained through low body fat AND lifting:

6-Packs-Abs.jpg

If you will take a look at the rest of my post you would see that I very much recommended lifting. OP asked about "toning". There is no "toning" Upon further reading though, I don't think OP wants to hear what we have to say anyway. She seems to be one of those who wants everything to be fixed with a magic shake or a gadget.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I've got eating down and I don't like weightlifting so that's something I know I won't continue doing, so is there anything else I can do to get s flat stomach, not a 6 pack? I was thinking maybe the 30 day shred? I don't have much to lose maybe another 6 pounds and its all belly! Any suggestions?

Trust me when I say, you don't just wake up with one one day.

The best exercise you can do is not putting too much food in your mouth.