Need suggestions

Options
I love this app; I know I'm going out to eat this evening, so I'm eating a light, yet healthy breakfast & lunch, today, so, I can enjoy what I want this evening. I'm aware I have to exchange exercise, for food calorie. Swimming and walking before dinner today. I've also realized I'm always below on my calcium intake; any suggestions on adding calcium, w/o throwing my other numbers off? I do take calcium supplements, but wanted it in food intake.:smile:

Replies

• Kaylee11133
    Kaylee11133 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you like milk, consider Fat Free milk, generally has about 80 calories for a cup and 30% of your needed intake.

A cup of frozen spinach has about 24% of the daily calcium (about 90 calories), a cup of fresh kale is about 10% of your daily (about 30 calories).

Tropicana makes fortified juices (such as pomegranate blueberry, orange juice, raspberry lemonade, apple juice, raspberry acai, and so on) called Trop50 that has 50% less sugar and calories, a cup of it is only 50 calories and gives you a pretty good 35% of your daily calcium.

Yogurt is also got a lot of calcium, you can get light yogurts, such as Dannon light and fit that has about 80 calories for a container and 20% of your daily calcium.

Some other foods that have a decent amount of calcium would be broccoli, almonds, cheese (kraft slim cut swiss is only 35 calories for one slice and 10% of your daily calcium). That's all I have off the top of my head =] Hope that helps.

Also, I know you want it in your food intake, but viactiv chocolate or carmel chews taste like a snack (although very tiny haha) but are good supplements.
  • 2bopeep3251
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions!! I love fresh and/or cooked spinach! I forgot that tropicana OJ has calcium, great suggestions!!

I do eat 2 viactiv chocolate chews per day! I really need to stay on top of my calcium, #1 because of my age, # 2 - 4 years ago fractured my foot, and 2 years ago fractured my L1 L2 & L3. My mom had severe osteoporosis, and I already have show from bone scans, a mild case of it. Thank you for your help