Tryimg to pick myself up and CAN'T! ((( Warning! Whiny post!

Options
Ok, I have been trying to get back on track for over a month and I slip here and there.

I've gained all 8 lbs I've lost on MFP last year. I know, it sounds like not a lot but I'm 130 now and I've been fighting those last 10 lbs for past year. After Thanksgiving everything went out of control. I was not binging but I did not log my food and I'm back to square 1!

I'm very discouraged now. Not sure how to put myself together....

Replies

• plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What motivated you to lose the 8 lbs to begin with?
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    :( bless ya.

It's hard when you put weight back on I know I've been there many times but the only real way forward is just to try to forget about it and start a fresh. You've lost before you CAN do it again.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds can definitely seem like he hardest. I have been fighting the last 10 for a month already myself. I don't know what to say other than part of this journey is picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and moving forward again.

I wish you the best. Have faith in yourself that you can do it. I think we often sell ourselves short on what we are capable of doing.

Good Luck!!!

--Carter
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    {hugs} yeah, one thing I have noticed in trying to GET to 130 is that there is, at this point, no margin. Yesterday I overate by 300 calories; this morning I am up a pound and a half!!!!! Any small amount over has a huge effect.

On the bright side, I had put on seven pounds since October, and in the past 12 days I'd lost all of it (until this morning). Get back up and start logging, and maybe that weight will come off more quickly than you think?
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    There is no shame in falling down, The shame is in never trying to get back up.

Keep working on it and you will eventually succeed. Imagine your satisfaction once you do lose those final 10 pounds!
  • suedalton1
    Options
    You can do it!..........remember, it's only food and you can have a small portion of anything you want. Always log your food even if you feel it's out of control. it's makes a difference to see it in print. this site has really made a difference for me. Good luck!
  • SimonLondon
    Options
    The hardest part of maintenance is keeping the motivation going. If I gain a couple (Like over Christmas) I look at old photos of me and look at myself in the mirror saying "Do I really want to go back to THAT?!?".

It sure motivates me :laugh:
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You have my empathy - I've been trying to lose the last 15 lbs forever. Up & down, ups & down. I know what I'm doing wrong and its hard to stay on track sometimes. But I keep telling myself I want to finish what I started AND if I go back to my old ways, I'm going to gain it all back plus more. And sorry to be graphic, but if that happens I may as well just end it right now rather than killing myself slowly with food. I have a choice - should I eat food I enjoy & crave and have lots of guilt, regret, while my body falls apart or should I eat what I need to enjoy a healthy, fun life (which is what I have now). So despite the difficulty and I know I'll step off the path again, right now, today, this moment, I'm making the better choice. YOU can too.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    to plainjoe81
    I have tried MFP. Just to see what would happen! )))

Thank you sooo much for so many kind words! :flowerforyou: It is amazing what a difference it makes when you get support from people! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you, guys!!!
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    On the top of everything I'm Zumba instructor and I feel like every my student notices this 8 lbs! LOL! I'm probably too selfconcious! :blushing:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    If we didn't tend to do stuff like this we wouldn't need this site! You are in good company, one step after another, easy does it.... And away we go. I am just about resigned to the fact that I'm gonna lose weight, lose motivation,panic then get it together again..... It is the last part that is going to make the rest of my life different to before, stop panicking and do it for you!
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    stop panicking and do it for you!
    This is exactly what I need to do! ))) I'm so freaked out for NO REASON!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    stop panicking and do it for you!
    This is exactly what I need to do! ))) I'm so freaked out for NO REASON!

You are so intelligent you cant help but succeed! ;)