It doesn't happen over night!

Options
nest9
nest9 Posts: 28 Member
I was like the average person pretty healthy weight in high school at 175. Then I began to get comfortable in my daily routine with life, marriage, and children and as the years passed bye, I found myself at 228lbs. I had added 53 lbs and was unhappy with my appearance and felt tired all the time. I'd lose 20lbs or so once I put my mind to it, but fell off the bandwagon a few times and went right back to my unhealthy eating habits. I made a commitment to myself that I was never going back to who I was before. I needed something to strive for each day and for once I wanted to feel good about myself when I looked in the mirror. I enjoy running so about 8 weeks ago, I started shedding the lbs by running 5 days a week and hitting the weights 5 days a week also. I also made some big changes with my diet and started tracking with MFP. I finally reached my high school weight again a few weeks ago at 175. I have now slowed up on the running as my goal now will be to add more muscle. I have properly educated myself with the best things to put in my body so it can reap the max benefits of my workouts. This was very tough since I am one of the pickiest eaters in the world! No meats, no beans, no greens, no seafood, fish. It took me a while to get my protein levels up while keeping my calories, carbs, and sodium in check. It hasn't been easy, but it is getting easier. I never take pictures like I have posted, but it's the only way I could motivate myself to never go back to where I was. The first picture was me at 228 a few months ago. The second picture was taken on 6/20/14 weighing 185. The last picture was on 7/27/14 weighing in at 175.

metransform_zps759cc0ca.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!