Have you ever felt...

Options
Right now I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. Tonight after my dinner, I felt funny. It was like this weird feeling of being stuffed and starved at the same time, it's hard to explain. Does anyone else ever feel that way?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nope! If you feel starved, eat a little. A bowl of strawberries is very filling for very few calories! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, drink water!
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Are you full but not satisfied?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I've felt that way before. Someone once told me Its because your belly is full but your body is also missing some nutrients and letting you know by giving you that' hungry' feeling.

No idea if that's true. But you can try taking a multi-vitamin and see if that helps.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read your profile and I was a young mom too. You're lucky you are doing something about it now while you are still young. I've been full but not satisfied, when I crave... something I can't put my finger on. I like to keep SF gum and mints handy, also herbal tea makes me feel like I'm having something sweet. This happened frequently as I lost weight and my calorie goal went down lower and lower. I did it for months and I was losing, but very slowly. I found that 1270 calories was not sustainable for me long-term. I see that you have a lot to lose, so I think taking it a little slower and shooting for 1 or 1.5#/week might help you feel like you can eat a little more, feel satisfied and still reach your goals. Otherwise you might find you'll want to binge, or give up altogether. Just my opinion... Best of luck to you in reaching your goals!
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! After I started having a few more symptoms my husband ( an RN ) was worried I had low blood sugar and insisted I have a snack. That did help. I was "full" but it was all lettuce, cucumber, diet coke, and a little protein. Sugar was what I needed. That's what I get for trying to skip dessert! ;-)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    maybe you should increase your complex carbs a little thoughtout the day?
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I guess I didn't have many complex carbs. Here I come sweet potatoes!
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    sugar was a good suggestion. when i eat salads for dinner i feel the same way. full but also not. usually i am missing enough carbs.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    "Peanut butter out of the jar is a fit girls ice cream out of a pint".

Anyway when I feel like you described a tablespoon of all natural Skippy with honey does the trick. It keeps you full, plenty of protein and sugar in a natural form.
  • ronitperman
    Options
    Whenever you feel like that drink water. Drink lots of water help you to lose weight and you will feel full. If you are going to take snakes take salad and nutrition instead of any junk food.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Edited, woops read OP wrong! But as others said, it's usually me being unsure of whether I'm hungry or thirsty. Usually it's thirst.

You might want to buy a food scale though just to be sure your intake is accurate, and then set up some reasonable goals for yourself instead of 2lb/week.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! After I started having a few more symptoms my husband ( an RN ) was worried I had low blood sugar and insisted I have a snack. That did help. I was "full" but it was all lettuce, cucumber, diet coke, and a little protein. Sugar was what I needed. That's what I get for trying to skip dessert! ;-)

Aside from the protein, these are all watery/liquidy.

Honestly I'd say it is a combo of 1) not eating enough food, 2) not drinking enough water, 3) maybe not consuming enough carbs which would circle back to issue 1.