The Playground, your gym?

Options
Providing that you don't mind people looking at you funny (I get that everyday so I am used to it). You can turn the playground into a gym, so while your child plays, you can get in a bit of exercise/stretching.....

Monkey bars - pull ups (I'm working to that one)
Steps - step ups of various kinds
Little walls - step ups (as above). push ups
hand rails - press ups, tricep dips
The ground/back of a bench - squats
Rails, bars under a piece of equipment - inclined pull ups
Chasing your child around - running machine

I have only broken one piece of play equipment but it was loose anyway.
It's daft I know and in 35 degrees heat I must look ridiculous but it's better than just sitting there.

I even use my daughters for chest and shoulders, as they get bigger and heavier the resistance increases. Though my 11 year old daughter us starting to object to this now.

Just a bit of fun. But I am adding these to my nightly walk, no one is around then so can do a bit more.

Anymore you could add? Something for biceps maybe?

Replies

• 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I do my cardio inside the mall. I gives no effs.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    In Huntington Beach, they have an 18 station exercise course for adults to do push ups, sit ups, pull ups and other exercises. There may be parks in your area that have done the same.

image3a.jpg
  • StevenH74
    Options
    Nice, some parks here some bike-like or epilyptical-like (sp?) contraptions that look like devices for torture. Very common in Chinese parks (I don't know how to post pics).
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You can post images , or funny animated gifs by typing in [img*] then enter the image url followed by [/img*] but you have to remove the asterisks.
  • StevenH74
    Options
    Ok, I must be doing something wrong still. Not to worry. Not that important. Thank you though.
  • StevenH74
    Options
    Caloo-fitness-equipment.jpg

TA DAA! These were taken from a UK website, it looks like they are making it over the England.
  • StevenH74
    Options
    You can post images , or funny animated gifs by typing in [img*] then enter the image url followed by [/img*] but you have to remove the asterisks.

1238512309_freaky_cat.gif
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    There is a small neighborhood playground a couple of blocks from our house, and there is rarely anyone there (as there is a big newly renovated playground near the elementary school.) So I have been known to climb around the outside of the play structures with my boys. We call it playing American Ninja Warrior.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    My local park has a walking trail around the playground and every few feet there are workout stations. It's awesome!
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    In neighboring Cambridge, they actually have a free, outdoor gym... many cities are now installing them. They're quite nice.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: You're on a roll, Steven!
  • StevenH74
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: You're on a roll, Steven!

Haha! thanks and thanks to Joannah for the message helping me.
  • StevenH74
    Options
    Brilliant! I love this! I like his giggle on the swingy thing and my little girl thought it was funny also, especially sliding down at the end!
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just lay with my kids. They would be screaming for me to push them on the swing anyways. Lol

Go across the monkey bars a few times and your lats will feel like jello.
  • StevenH74
    Options
    I'd rather just lay with my kids. They would be screaming for me to push them on the swing anyways. Lol

Go across the monkey bars a few times and your lats will feel like jello.

Yeah, I still play with her. No worries there. Though sometimes I need to stand back as I tend to frighten little children. I'm not horrible, just different.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i have done the same exact thing ,in fact thats part of the reason my kids get to go to the park so often..