apparently i'm just never going to loose weight.

Options
ive soo reached my breaking point. I had a baby feb 17th of 2010. and i swore it wouldnt take me more then a year-tops to loose the weight.
by the time most people leave the hospital they drop 15-18 pounds because theres no baby and fluid anymore.
when i left the hospital..i dropped 0.

it took 2 weeks after having a baby to loose some of the weight i was supposed to loose right after.

it will be a year next month that ive been trying to loose all the weight and ive still got 9 pounds to go to my pre preg. weight and 15 to my goal...which doesnt sound like alot except im lucky if a loose a pound a month. ive been trying by doing eveerything right for almost a year!
when i started this site is august 2010 i was 137.and my pre pregnancy weight was 120..which means i only had 17 pounds to loose..22 if u wanna count my goal weight. and since that time...of august...ive only lost 8 pounds.

why bother watching what i eat and making myself work out when it doesnt do anything.i should just give up and come to terms with the fact that i will never look like i did or feel attractive or model again.

129 pounds might not be huge to most people but i was happy at 115, and was ok with my body, i cant fit into any of my clothes..i hate the way i look..and its not like i sit on my *kitten* and just complain..ive been trying for so long and its such a small amount of weight to loose..why cant i just loose it.

i tried changing my workouts
eating more calories
eating less calories
the 17 day diet which i couldnt handle

i mean what is the issue. i dont intake alot of sodium, theonly thing i can guess is i dont always get 8 glasses of water..but even if i did..i dont see that magically making me loose all the weight..

a pound a month is crap!

and dont bother going to my diary cause i havent logged in in a few days and before that i was on vacation in ny so theres not much to look at.

i just need to vent.

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You may need to take a break and do maintenance for a little bit. Try maintenance for a couple of weeks and then try to go back to it. Don't give up entirely. You're not overweight to begin with so it's just going to take longer for you.
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Have you checked yourself out at the doctors? You may have a problem with your thyroid, I knew a lady who was successful on WW's but then came to a complete stand still, nothing she did made any difference to her weight. She went to the doctors and there was a problem with her thryoid gland - my apologies I don't know the medical term for it - but it may be worth the doctor just checking it over. It may not be your fault! I hope you find the answer soon.
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    what do u mean maintenance?
  • padsi1975
    Options
    This won't be any consolation at all but 8 llbs is not crap. You are not big so it's just slow coming off. But if you keep plugging away you will get there. Don't give up!
  • denisec26
    Options
    thanks. i thought about that but as of right now me and my bf are flat broke..and have no insurance. :(
    so any $ we have we have to pay bills or buy diapers and such. so i cant afford to go to the doctors at this point an dget a bunch of tests.
    i dont think i have an issue with it, cause i dont have any other symptoms but u never know.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Have you tried higher protein? Right now, I am set at 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat. I was at the SAME weight of 135-137 for 5 months...maybe longer. I finally lost just about a pound and a half by really watching what I eat. You can look at the last 2 (3 days including today) of my diary to see the kinds of foods I am eating.

Don't give up though...it will just get you further and further from your goal. ..and like kwardklinck said....you dont have much to lose to begin with, so it will take longer.
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    It took me nine years to lose the mommy-weight. Don't feel bad!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The reason you are loosing so slowly is because you are already pretty small, even if you aren't small enough. Just keep going at 1200 cals a day for another 2 months. Maybe try some more difficult workouts like 30 day shred or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels. You can try zumba classes. Just try doing workouts that burn MAJOR calories 2 days a week and your regular workout the rest of the week. The muscle you build from those workouts will help you loose more in the long run.
  • DAMECHOCOLATE79
    DAMECHOCOLATE79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the same isue i had 5 kids i was also 115 alongggg time ago now iam 135 i still have 15 to go but since i started using weights it seems to work faster you actually lose more the problem with me is i dont watch what i eat but ido keep up with the exercise most of the time try that see if it helps am working on watching what i eat wish me luck and good luck you" can do it " don't give up take a break then get back 2 it little by little intil u are comfterble again
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    so Denise you say you've been trying to loose weight since Feb last year after having a baby , and yet you joined MFP in August of last year.

YOU have lost 13lbs since you joined this site and that's no mean feat , get rid of the idea you've been loosing weight for a year and focus on what you have lost in the past 5 months because from where i'm sitting that's pretty damn good going , Just keep doing what you're doing as it's totally working.

:happy:
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I know you're frustrated, but it does take time. When I left the hospital after having my second child, I had gained weight! I enjoyed the hospital food and laying around way too much.:) It took me 2 years to lose 35 pounds from my first pregnancy and 18 months to lose 40 pounds from my second. Give it some more time. Be the best mommy you can be. You are seeing results, it's just taking awhile. Keep it up. You will make it!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I personally think you got way to much stress going on and it wont matter what you do to lose the weight right now. I think you need some positive thinking and you need to get out of your head. So do you feel healthy? or is it all about how you look? Ever hear the phrase being is overrated? I think you need to acknowledge how well you have done and take some credit in the good things in your life. Just my opinion.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    10/24 127.8
    11/01 123.4
    11/08 124.6
    11/25 123.4
    12/02 123.0
    12/09 122.0
    12/17 122.2
    01/02 122.8
    01/13 121.0
    01/18 121.0

These are my weights as I've been tracking them. Can we say painfully slow? But you know what? I'm going to reach my goal because I am patient. You can do it too! Don't be discouraged. :noway: You don't have that much to lose, so it's going to be hard. Come on now, you can do it!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • denisec26
    Options
    to sabrinafaith - the workouts u recommended are actually the ones i do! lol
    i do the banish fat more then the 30 day shred..but i do it almost 5 times a week..when i need a change i get on the treadmill or do a different dvd.

and thanks for the support. i really aprreciate it.
    its just so fustrating..when u do what your supposed to and instead of loosing a pound a week..or even in 2 weeks..its 1 a month..it just seems like theres something wrong that i cant loose weight like most people can when they put some effort into it.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to "others"....it never does anyone any good :)

You are still losing & that is the important thing!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Read this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

It should put things in context for you. Yeah, it sucks so you have every right to want to scream, throw things and drop kick the nearest person who says "it's not that bad."

You will lose FAT (as opposed to weight) if you are patient and work in harmony with your body. Barring any medical conditions I am 100% certain that this is the case.

In short:

1) Take a break for a week of two and eat at maintenance. Stay out of gym and recharge your batteries.
    2) Set a conservative deficit
    3) Incorporate heavy lifting in your routine 3 times a week if you don't already
    4) Stay well hydrated
    5) Allow your body adequate rest time
    6) THROW YOUR SCALE OUT OF THE WINDOW AND TAKE GREAT SATISFACTION WHEN IT IS SMASHED TO PIECES ON THE ROADSIDE. Use BF% and measurements to gauge your progress. You are sabotaging your own success by allowing water weight and emotional reactions to the scale rule your thinking.

That thread I linked has pretty much all you need in it.

Now bring it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When you don't have much to lose you actually need to eat more. That's because when you are at a calorie deficit your body will use either fat or muscle for energy. The body uses whichever is closest to the area that needs the energy. If there isn't enough fat to burn close to where your body needs the energy your body will burn muscle instead. You have to make sure you eat enough so that your body doesn't burn muscle. This is why it takes longer to burn off small amounts of fat.

And, that's why you have to be more careful about what you eat. No processed foods, only fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains and lean meats. No sodas, just water.

You should also be tracking your sodium intake since too much sodium makes your body retain water.
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    it is because you are so close to your goal. when i was 245 pounds i lost 3 stone in the first year (42 pounds) then i lost 2 stone the next year (28 pounds) then i lost few pounds hear and there, then i have maintained my weight for the last 2 years. now i am going for the last 28 pounds that i need to lose. to get me to a healthy weight of 150 pounds. i think may be you need to swap for a month or so on to maintenance diet. which is in the settings i think it ? it basically means you eat what calories you need to stay the same weight for a bit let your body come out of the starvation mode so that when you start on the diet to lose weight again it moves. if you are dieting for along time your body adjusts its metabolism accordingly .
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    oh and the thyroid issue. unless you are sleeping all the time, putting weight on, cold even when you have eaten, and your skin is dry and your hair thinning then you do not have an under-active thyroid.
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise, I also had a baby last February and am still 2 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I've still got an extra 2 stone to lose after that though, as i was well overweight before.

Don't feel bad about it - the slower it takes you to lose it, the less likely you are to put it all back on! Keep going, don't give up :)