Just getting started...

Options
Hi Folks. I'm new here, but excited for what this site might be able to do for me. I'm a 35 year old guy, married with three boys, who's in a sedentary job. Weight is about 217 lbs, looking to get down to 200. Motivation to work out and log my calories has been low lately. I've also struggled with compulsive overeating, which has made things even more difficult.

Anyway, I'm hoping that My Fitness Pal will help me to retain some of my current level of motivation. Cheers.

Replies

• bobblebee77
    bobblebee77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do it :)

& you are in the right place here MFP is a brilliant and positive community. Calorie logging is a bore at first but it shows up where you may be going wrong/right and is well worth trying to continue with it. I find it very hard at times to not eat so the 33lbs I have lost has been over a year whereas if I had been strict I guess I could have done it in half the time. Same result tho' and I'm so much happier for it :) Plus my little boy now has a mummy with more energy and can chase him about the park!

Do you exercise? this will give you more calories for snacks and treats - my saviour lol

-bob :D
  • cbtman
    cbtman Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for your kind and encouraging comments, bob. And congratulations on your very significant weight loss! 33 lbs is no joke. Hopefully, if I stick with it, I can be equally successful. Cheers.

CBTman