I can't wake up!!

Options
I work out best in the morning, especially considering an hour commute to work and an early workday start (I generally work from 7:30am-5:00pm). By the end of the day, I'm exhausted....but I still have to fit in an hour workout. I've been diligently setting my alarm for 6:00am in order to fit it in early, but I find myself hitting the snooze alarm for an hour (which, of course, drives my poor boyfriend crazy).

How can I get up????

Replies

• frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Only thing I can suggest is go to bed earlier?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can suggest is go to bed earlier?

This and put your alarm clock across the room, this way you have to get up to turn it off not just reach out.
  • DeltaH
    DeltaH Posts: 4
    Options
    Tell your boyfriend, even though the alarm annoys him, that you'll need his help with this one.... Ask him to just motivate you to get up and work out... It should only take a minute.... Sometimes you just need to hear someone say "go, you can do this"... And then after a while it will become routine.... Good luck!!!! :)
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend would have his alarm go off at 6am sharp when we were just going to spend the day cuddling in bed anyway. I was half asleep and I get cranky if I'm woken up, so I gave him a bit of a push to turn off the alarm. Maybe your lovely man could give you a light push too? Not the nicest gesture of love but one that might help.

I read recently a post about a lady who put motivational alarms on her phone. They said things like "Run first, sleep later" and "Hurry up! It's a new day!" and the longer she slept in the meaner the alarms got. Her very last one was something like "Don't be a fatty!". She mentioned that on days when she knew she was going to need the extra push, she put the last one as a particularly offensive insult she remembered from high-school about her image. It worked for her.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Great suggestions....thanks guys!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I never would have believed this if someone told me, so I understand if you don't. I have never felt better since I started waking up with my husband (he has to be at work for 6:30 and I have to be at work for 9 so I used to fall back asleep for an hour or so and then get ready in the morning). I was tired by 9pm and would be so groggy at work. His alarm goes off at 5:30 and instead of going back to sleep and JUST getting into a new sleep cycle right when my alarm went off, I get up and get my blood pumping and burn some goo!

Since I started waking up with him to work out after he leaves, I'm much more alert (I don't drink coffee or tea so it's not caffeine), I bound out the door ready for work (sure I'd love to stay home instead, but I don't have that sense of dread like I used to). I sleep better and I have limitless energy. Sure if you're going to bed at 1am then it wouldn't work, but if you're getting the 7-8 hours then you're getting adequate rest and should be getting up!