good Inner thigh exercise????

Options
Anyone know of a good inner thigh exercise to tone and shrink it?

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Cardio!!! I do Turbo Fire, and then I also add in Brazil Butt Lift for the butt, hips, thighs!! It's a great work out!!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Well, there is no way to reduce fat over a particular area. Your body just removes fat as it chooses. However, for toning and strengthening the inner thigh, I love a sumo squat. I use weights when I do it and rest them on my upper thigh but I'm not sure what your fitness level is and they are definately not necessary.
    Here is an article detailing how to do them: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sumo-squat.html
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Cardio to blast the fat (though you cannot spot reduce, but eventually the fat will burn from there). But for muscle tonining, if you don't have access to an abductor/aductor machine, try this....lie down on your right side with your head propped up with your right hand/arm. Place your left hand on the floor in front of your abdomen for support.

Now pull your left leg up into your chest, your right leg should be extended on the floor. Now lift your right leg a few inches off the floor, hold for a few seconds and then down. Do 10 reps to start and then increase as you get stronger. Switch sides to work the left leg.....I always feel a good burn doing this.
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Standing place one foot against the knee of your support leg. Open and close, kind of like a sideways clam, for two sets of ten, the do two sets of ten, sqeezing closed for two counts each time.
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Reebok ball? Lay flat on your back, legs out straight holding the ball between your feet. Slowly raise your legs, gripping the ball between your feet all the time and pushing your back into the floor (don't let your back arch.) Keep your head on the floor. Hold to the count of 3 then slowly ease your legs back to floor level. Try doing 20 reps - I guarantee they will hurt like hell and you'll REALLY feel your inner thighs working! As you become used to the esercise, try to keep your feet off the floor the whole time - don't come back to the rest position between each rep.
    Good Luck!
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Now pull your left leg up into your chest, your right leg should be extended on the floor. Now lift your right leg a few inches off the floor, hold for a few seconds and then down. Do 10 reps to start and then increase as you get stronger. Switch sides to work the left leg.....I always feel a good burn doing this.

I used to do those all the time when I was younger and fitter, it's a great exercise to do. Now, since it's hard for me to get up and down on the floor and my fitness level is that great, I do a pilette squat. Turn your knees out a little and squat. I do about 3 sets of 10 - 15.
  • Natalie50208
    Options
    As a quick caveot (sp?); please remember that 'spot training' is not feasible. You can tone, but if there is a layer of 'fat' in the area cardio is key to overall reduction.

With that said :-) Here are some of my favorite inner thigh exercises:

#1:
    Lying on your right side, there should be a straight line from your shoulder --> hip --> heels. Hips should be stacked one on top of the other without rocking back onto the glutes.
    Bend the left (top) leg and place the left foot on the floor, directly in front of the right knee. (This helps you keep your hips stacked rather than rolling back onto your glutes).
    Flex the right foot.
    Squeeze the right thigh as you raise and lower the right leg. Do 3 sets (10 repetitions each): inhale to prepare, exhale as you raise the leg, inhale as you lower. Follow this with 4 sets (10 repetitions each) of raises 'double time' (quickly pulse up).
    Repeat on the other side.

#2:
    Lying on your right side, bend your knees so that you are in a 'fetal position' on your side. Hips and knees are stacked.
    Rotate the left knee toward the ceiling, placing the left foot on the floor directly behind the right foot. (The sole of the right foot should be against the inside of the left foot).
    Flex the right thigh as you lift the right knee (keeping the right foot pressed against the left) and attempt to press the knee toward the left knee. Do 3 sets (10 repetitions each).
    Repeat on the other side.

#3:
    Lying on your back, place a stability ball between your feet (if you don't have a stability ball, you could use any type of ball or a chair).
    Squeeze the ball with your feet and flex your thighs. Hold for 10 seconds, then pulse for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
  • Eyvette1
    Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great exercises. I am not trying to spot loose fat...just start toning the right places. :happy: I will give these a try tonight after my cardio.
  • Natalie50208
    Options
    You can also work your inner thigh while standing:

Using a chair or wall for support, shift weight to your left leg. Lift your right foot, keeping your leg extended, and flex the right foot.
    Tighten/flex the thigh and press the right foot to the left (in front of your left leg) and back. Do 3 sets (10 repetitions each).

Same as #1 above, but wrap a resistance band around your ankle and hold tightly to create 'drag' on the leg.

Sumo squats (aka side lunges). With or without a resistance band. Step wide to the left side, squat down, stand and draw the right leg over to meet the left. Repeat going the other way. (If you have more room to 3 - 4 repetitions in one direction and then switch). If using a resistance band, place the bands under the arch of the foot and step to the side - creating resistance/drag on the legs.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Lose fat to make things smaller. Nothing ever got smaller from resistance training, unless it's in a negative way because it's being done impropperly.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    google plie excercises....they are used by dancers and really strengthen your inner thighs if done correctly. Unfortunately, the muscle in your inner thigh is very little so it is very hard to see it toned. Also, if that is a natural area your body stores fat and like me, the very last area to lose the fat, then you may see the area shrink with some cardio and fat loss but even with toning it I would have to get down to like no body fat to have it completely toned...it depends on your indivdual body though
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You don't really want to be doing 'inner thigh exercises' if you want your inner thigh to get smaller - through diet and exercise that is an area that will gradually reduce anyway! If you want firmer looking legs, do squats, lunges and cycling - I have noticed a massive difference to my thighs through the last 6 months of this, they are now loads firmer, stronger, and with less cellulite.