weight fluctuation...

Options
So the scale reads 2lbs lighter when i weighed in last night than when I weighed in this morning, I usually weigh myself in the mornings, but i hadn't stepped on the scale all weekend, so after my workout I was curious what the number was going to be last night... I understand our weight fluctuates several pounds from day to day. But my question is, should I "weigh in" the lighter number from last night or report the heavier number from this morning. Either way it's a loss, but it's a difference from a loss of .02 to 2lbs.

Replies

• DRAGONGIRL91
    Options
    Hi I was reading your post. I weigh only once a month and I weigh after a shower. You should weigh with nothing on. Clothes weigh 4 to 10lbs...
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    it does happen , just one of those things!
  • lradloff
    lradloff Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would pick one time to weigh in every week and take that.... If you weigh in the mornings for MFP, then take the morning weight. If you weigh in evenings pick the evening weight. If you're weigh in day was this weekend and you missed it, I personally would take the next morning's weigh in. It's coming off either way, so keep up the great work!
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    go with the lighter number, after all that's what you weighed .. always stick with morning weigh ins, you are often lighter, I have the ability to ignore the scales if I do not like what they say and only record the good stuff, does heaps for the motivation, and anyway I'm going in the right direction, so prefer not to report bad news :-))))
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When you work out (especially strength training) you are building muscle and for muscle to build it gets little tears in it. You're body stores extra water and glycogen (I think this is the right thing, I've wondered this same thing and looked it up one time but I'm no expert) this makes you weight a little more after you work out. If you weighed less last night after working out this probably hadn't kicked in yet but maybe it had by this morning. I'd say use whatever weight you prefer, drink lots of water to counteract the extra water your body is holding onto and in a day or two you should see the scales catch back up.

You're doing great....and looks like we have similar goals. Good luck!
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    go with the lighter number, after all that's what you weighed .. always stick with morning weigh ins, you are often lighter, I have the ability to ignore the scales if I do not like what they say and only record the good stuff, does heaps for the motivation, and anyway I'm going in the right direction, so prefer not to report bad news :-))))

This is what i really want to do!
    I had worked out, drank lots of water, jumped in the shower and saw the scale taunting me because I purposely didn't weigh in all weekend, and i weighed 2lbs lighter than I did this morning.

I'm just concerned if I weigh in under the smaller number then next time I step on the scale I am not going to like the results.
  • MOMDRE
    MOMDRE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always weigh-in first thing in the morning once a week in the morning right after I shower and before I get dressed and eat - usually in the middle of the week ( I use one day on the weekends as a "Cheat Day" to stop myself from bad snacking the rest of the week)
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    hahahha, always a possibility, but just make sure you work that much harder and you're that much stricter on yuor diet, and make sure you leave it at least a week before you weigh again... u will be fine :bigsmile: