RED LOBSTER!!

Options
Hi Everyone - going out to dinner with my family tonight to Red Lobster. I love their biscuits but just finding out that they're 150 calories EACH...yikes! Anyway, I found the Wood-Grilled Lobster, Shrimp and Scallops meal on their menu which I thought would be a good alternative to anything scampi or fried but it's 500 calories alone. Looking for any suggestions or tips or success stories if anyone's recently gone to eat there.

Thanks,
Monica

Replies

• safetyscott
    safetyscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Eat well..be happy...pay with exercise.

The Keg is going to run out of steaks and bacon wrapped scallops when I get back to north america !...lol

Thats going to be a BIG work out day.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Anything that is broiled, grilled or baked is good to go. Stay away from fried foods and the biscuits..............

Eat steamed veggies and salad with your meal and you are good to go.

Eating healthy is NOT about counting calories. The people that eat the healthiest have NO need to count calories because they are eating WHOLE foods.

Butter is good for you
    Shrimp, Lobster and Scallops all good for you (as long as its not fried)
    salad good for you
    steamed veggies are good for you
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Oh boy good luck! I was just there on Saturday....yum yum.
    Just work extra hard on exercise today.

Hope you have a wonderful dinner!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Never checked out Red Lobster's nutritional values, but from my experience with lots of other restaurants, finding anything on the menu around 500 calories is a great find! I'd go with that one because I doubt you'll find anything better that's still fulfilling. Have fun!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Google "eat this not that red lobster" I was just reading something on the internet about them. I love those books.

Best wishes.
  • hardybelle83
    Options
    I went to Red Lobster & did very well this weekend.
    I got a garden salad (used the fork method to dip my Ranch dressing, hardly used any; it was about 80 cals), the half portion of Wood-Grilled Tilapia with steamed broccoli (210 cals), a side of steamed snow crab legs (90 cals), and I allowed myself one of those yummy biscuits (150 cals).. All of that was just over 500 calories and it REALLY filled me up!
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I recently looked up their menu and nutritional info online because my husband and I plan on going there for our anniversary in a few weeks, so I can relate!

My suggestions (for you AND for me when I go) is to figure out roughly how many calories you plan to consume at dinner alone, then modify earlier meals to make room for the extra calories. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a biscuit, after all you want to have a good time with your family and not stress over your meal all evening. The trick is to plan ahead so you can feel confident with what you're eating. I also plan to go the wood-grilled route as well. :) And if in doubt, just do a little extra exercise!

Good luck, and I hope you have a great time. :)
  • think_thin
    Options
    When I go I eat crab legs with no butter and steamed vegs, this is low in calorie and high in protein. Enjoy your dinner!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    We had our work party there not too long ago and and I had the shrimp scallops and chicken with broccoli and a salad with no dressing. I just squeezed lemon juice on my salad. Water or unsweet tea for drink. I limited myself to 1 biscuit and stuck with it. My meal was wonderful and I didn't miss all the fat and calories!