Getting married in 5 mths help !!!!

Options
Im getting married in 5 mths I want to drop 50lbs by then, I need some advice on the best fastest way possible... Please help?

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I don't think that would be healthy.By following the guidlines on this site you may be close to your goal. 2 pounds per week would put you at a 40 pound weight loss in 5 months but any more than that you may not feel well. Good luck!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Im getting married in 5 mths I want to drop 50lbs by then, I need some advice on the best fastest way possible... Please help?

There's no quick trick or hidden secret that people successful at losing weight have been keeping from you. Log absolutely every tiny little minute calorie you put in your mouth (don't forget the oil you cook with, or the butter you put on your potatoes, etc). And exercise every single day.

You may be able to do 50lbs by then, you may not. Keep to your calorie limits set by MFP, eat a healthy, balanced diet, and kick up the cardio workouts. You'll do great.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Gym classes! high intensity cardio classes- rpm (spin) or zumba!
    And do weight training every second day! make sure you tone those arms and your back so you look terrific on the day!!
    Otherwise i suggest getting a personal trainer.

good luck!
  • sassycassy28
    Options
    I think I would be happy with that to but I would rather 50 I'm just having a teLly hard time.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    Work out! Train hard!!! I lost about 25 pounds in a quick amount of time eating right and exercising everyday. Log everything, drink water, and exercise!
  • ocdad68
    ocdad68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on getting married!

I'm not sure where you are starting, but 50lbs will be tough. That's about 2.5lbs a week for the next 5 months. That translates into about a 1,250 cal per day deficit! You may be able to achieve that on some of the liquid VLCDs (very low calorie diet, eg "Optifast"), but even those, typically do not go for more than 6 weeks, maybe 8 weeks max. I think even if you could put yourself on "The Biggest Loser" and devote every minute of every day to exercise and counting every single calorie.. it will be a stretch.

I think 30-40 pounds would be phenomenal, and especially in conjunction with exercise, you might feel better even before you really start visibly noticing the weight loss. Good Luck!
  • sassycassy28
    Options
    Lol thanks, and I live in a small town so I'm limited and I have 3 small kids one with a disability, and I run a day home dureing the day so it's hard, but I joined curves and they offer a zumba class I joined to but any other tips would be great.
  • sassycassy28
    Options
    Lol thanks, and I live in a small town so I'm limited and I have 3 small kids one with a disability, and I run a day home dureing the day so it's hard, but I joined curves and they offer a zumba class I joined to but any other tips would be great.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    There's no magic way. However, being on this website I have learned it's helpful to:

watch your sodium (keep it as low as you can); bake or cook your own food and avoid process foods because of the sodium in them. If you can cook on your days off and freeze your food, you are on a good track.

Vary your total calories, and vary your exercises to keep your body from reaching a set point.

Don't eat late

My newest one that I have discovered for myself: no more eating out. I tend to eat out on the weekend, and I will regain some weight even though I always choose healthier options, and I will work hard to lose the weight during the week. I do lose them and sometimes more, but this patterns slows me down to reach my goal. Now, I bring my own food to the restaurant and order a beverage.
  • sassycassy28
    Options
    I'm starting at 205
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Weights for at home even? Just get some hand ones! you can work out while the kids are watching telly??
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Why losing weight when marriage will give you even more? LOL Just kidding =)

I can't think of anything else other than P90X. If you do the Lean version of it, you won't work as much on building muscle but in burning body fat. I'm not saying there aren't other ways of dropping weight but that's the one I know. I lost 30lbs in 3 months (90 days), so I'm guessing you can lose 50lbs in 5 months in a healthy way.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 30 in 3 months it could be possible for you the first week you drop like 5 to 10 alone on water weight so just factor that in too its pretty much 40 pounds in 5 months plus the first week just be positive it gets hard it slows down it speeds up stick with it :) good luck
  • vampirette
    Options
    Stay positive! It is not going to be easy but you are on the right track. Make sure you do at least 30 minutes of cardio per day and like somebody said LOG EVERY SINGLE CALORIE THAT PASSES YOUR LIPS! Congratulations on the marriage and best of luck!
  • camaris
    camaris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't set yourself up for disappointment. As people have said, that is a lot of weight to lose in that period of time. Do the things people have suggested and put in the hard work and you will lose weight. But if you don't hit that 50pound loss by your wedding, don't let it ruin what should be the best day of your life. Just make sure that you know you have given it your best shot and that you haven't cut any corners.

If you do that, you will have a great loss to celebrate, but don't let some magic number tyrannise you.
  • jlewis121186
    Options
    will you be overly disappointed if you dont make 50lbs??? i have found that paying more attention to measurements helps offset any weight disappointment i may feel. this week, i have not lost any weight, but i have lost an inch off my hips, so thats a victory...besides, while i know that weight off the body is important, its the inches coming off that looks best :)

starting at 205, you are going to burn fat and build muscle...so even if you only lose 5 lbs, if that 5lbs that month was mostly fat, then you probably gained muscle...a pound of fat is like a milk jug, but a pound of muscle is a 16oz steak, keep that in mind :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!