One home gym item...

Options

Replies

• jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    One thing: a 1 pood (35lbs) kettlebell. You can work any part of your body with it.

Good choice :smile:

That being said I would really like a squat rack.
  • Aussie_in_PA
    Aussie_in_PA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Prowler
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you could have one home gym item what would it be?

Something you currently have and could never live without, or something that you don't have and REALLY want.

I've been eying a Bosu ball since I used one at the gym last summer. DH and I may also slowly work on doing a home gym in the garage. He wants some weights and a bench.

Power Cage.
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Every since I was on one of these at my last Gym I have wanted one for home, this one blows theirs away! I was wiping up my drool yesterday until I saw it was 3 grand! :cry:

http://theabscompany.com/products/ab-solo/
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    My Powerblocks (I have the Sport Block 9.0 set that goes from 5-50 pounds and is expandable to 90lbs and then to 130 lbs). Without a doubt, they were worth every penny. :love:

In my dream world, I would have one of those infinity/swimsense spas where one side has a flow thing that lets you can swim and swim and swim (but never need to turn) and the other side is a hot tub, or else a single lane olympic sized (50M) pool. But we don't have an extra $20K lying around right now LOL :tongue:
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A rowing machine, because my current gym doesn't have one.

At the moment my home gym is a set of 5lb dumbbells.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Kettle bell for me i love it
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Adjustable DB

me too me too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I really want adult sized monkey bars. I'm not going to stop lifting in the gym, but I'd love to do more bodyweight work on off days.

pull up bar was mine.

I don't have one- and I don't think I can put one up- but I'm with you- I'll never stop lifting at the gym- but body weight stuff at home is awesome.

Oh- equalizer bars/parallel bars- those would be pretty spiffy.

NO.
    WAIT.
    I GOT IT.

A heavy bag. yeah that would be the t*ts
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I really want adult sized monkey bars. I'm not going to stop lifting in the gym, but I'd love to do more bodyweight work on off days.

pull up bar was mine.

I don't have one- and I don't think I can put one up- but I'm with you- I'll never stop lifting at the gym- but body weight stuff at home is awesome.

Oh- equalizer bars/parallel bars- those would be pretty spiffy.

NO.
    WAIT.
    I GOT IT.

I have the heavy bag! I got one of the long noodle bags and I love it. Just need those monkey bars! Parallel bars would be great too for dips. There's got to be a way to put together a backyard jungle gym, but I might make my kiddos jealous . . .
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    NO.
    WAIT.
    I GOT IT.

Wish I could send you mine. I got no use for it. I guess I have a pretty sweet home gym setup. I even have an adjustable Husafell stone and some farmer carry handles. Maybe I'd just like to have a seated row option that isn't jury-rigged on my cage, or even better, just more bumper plates.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I got it!! a 175# atlas. I'm never making the jump from 150 straight to 200. :mad:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have the heavy bag! I got one of the long noodle bags and I love it. Just need those monkey bars! Parallel bars would be great too for dips. There's got to be a way to put together a backyard jungle gym, but I might make my kiddos jealous .

lol- I'd totally be game for that- I don't have room in my backyard for a full jungle gym- but man would that be fun!!!

Stephen Amell trains at something like an indoor parkour facility- looks amazing.
    NO.
    WAIT.
    I GOT IT.

Wish I could send you mine. I got no use for it. I guess I have a pretty sweet home gym setup. I even have an adjustable Husafell stone and some farmer carry handles. Maybe I'd just like to have a seated row option that isn't jury-rigged on my cage, or even better, just more bumper plates.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I got it!! a 175# atlas. I'm never making the jump from 150 straight to 200. :mad:

what's in the bag?

just sand? can you send the bag without the sand?

BF would be really happy- could do work outside- he likes that sort of thing.

Can you make faux atlas stones with concrete? bag of concrete should get you there!!!!
    (And damn- that's a lovely weight by the way- 150/175!!! get it girl)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Treadmill - so I can keep up with my running when the cold weather hits. (I can't afford a gym membership)
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

lol- I'd totally be game for that- I don't have room in my backyard for a full jungle gym- but man would that be fun!!!

Stephen Amell trains at something like an indoor parkour facility- looks amazing.

Just mentioning Stephen Amell makes me more interested in this post than I already was. :love:
  • carryncoulson
    carryncoulson Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want an indoor swimming pool - it is one thing lol. If I had to pick something else it would probably be my hula hoop.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i want a pull up/ dip set up. really interested in body weight exercises/new calisthenics.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Every since I was on one of these at my last Gym I have wanted one for home, this one blows theirs away! I was wiping up my drool yesterday until I saw it was 3 grand! :cry:

http://theabscompany.com/products/ab-solo/

Well it looks pretty cool but I have a question...
    What the hell does it do? LoL

I thought they might have a video on the website but no such luck!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Just one?? Love my Olympic bar with rack, weights and bench. Recently purchased a Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar that installs over a door. Let me just say that I can now perform 1 (almost 2!) full chin-up. Pretty outstanding considering that I couldn't even get my toes off the ground when I first began training. :)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    DH bought his brother the Bowflex SelectTech a few years back (when he still had a rather high paying job). The cost is the only reason he likely won't go with them. He can piecemeal individual sets of hand weights as he goes.

I already want a pool for my dream home... and a hot tub... and maybe a sauna... :laugh:
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Treadmill - so I can keep up with my running when the cold weather hits. (I can't afford a gym membership)

Invest in cold weather gear and run outside :flowerforyou: