Map My Walk App...HELP!!!

Options
I just connected the map my walk app to MFP and it is not taking the walks I logged in map my walk over to MFP.

It took over all my workouts from MFP and put them in the app, but tis not doing vice versa.

Does anyone know how to get the app to log the walks into my fitness pal account?

Thanks!

Replies

• miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    Do they sync only once a day or something? Not after every work out/walk?
  • mooosy
    mooosy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also need help with this. It was syncing fine from map my walk to mfp (within minutes) for the past few months and for the last 2 days it won't!! :(
  • ChrisManch
    ChrisManch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and looked in the site Help

https://support.mapmyfitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/202579740-MyFitnessPal-not-syncing-with-MapMyFitness

MyFitnessPal Not Syncing With MapMyFitness
    There is currently a syncing issue preventing users from connecting their MyFitnessPal account with their MapMyFitness account. Our team is aware of the issue and working toward a quick solution.

In the meantime what I do is to note the calories burned and time taken in the app, and then enter it manually here under the EXERCISE tab, then "Add exercise". You can search for an exercise eg. Running, pick something similar to what you did, and then enter the time and calories.

Not ideal but its a workaround till they fix it.
  • xnikkilorraine
    Options
    I've been having the same issue. Could be something to do with the recent update? (If you're using the mobile version that is)
  • kerrymaas
    kerrymaas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use Accupedo (free app) which counts my steps...I had to sync it with MFP once I installed it. It took more than one attempt to get it to sync but it now works and auto syncs every 30 minutes...but it will not show progress on MFP until I reach 10,000 steps in a day, at that point it will show progress and caloric burn. Not all apps will sync with MFP...this may be the case with the app you are using.
    On MFP settings go to apps and devices and see if the app you are using is listed and if it is choose to sync it with MFP...if your app doesn't appear on the list of apps chances are it isn't supported by MFP. Hope this helps...
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • AGarcia1976
    Options
    Does anyone else have a job where they spend the day walking and lifting boxes. I have been using this app for the past couple of days and on average it says I walk about 19 miles a day and burn around 1,600 calories a day. My calorie allowance is about 1,700 a day and I usually end up with about 2,000 calories left in my calorie allowance at the end of the day. Is that supposed to be right or is there a math equation I'm not getting? It just seems like a lot to me.