225 calorie recipe

Options
hi,
does anybody have a 225 calorie recipe, that is all I have left for my dinner tonight?

Replies

• morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Try looking at the recipes here:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Whe i find i am running low on calories for the day i just put in a little more exercise and earn enough for dinner!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Whe i find i am running low on calories for the day i just put in a little more exercise and earn enough for dinner!

i do this too
  • Runner33
    Options
    i done a nine mile run yday, so today is my rest today but thanks!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Probably not very exciting, but a grilled chicken breast (skinless) with about 100g of new potatoes and some green veg would probably come in about 225ish.

C
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    when I am low on cals I have a nice big fesh veggie medley (usually steamed asparagus, bell peppers, red onions, portobello mushrooms, etc.) and some tilapia - or other low cal fish- with lemon pepper seasoning. Eat slowly, mindfully, and drink plenty o' water when eating
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having steamed (then flash fried) brocolli with Quorn, cashew nuts, chilli, garlic, and a little bit of soy. You can load up on the brocolli and not have too much oil/nuts to keep the cals down.

Or grilled white fish with veggies is always a winner :o)
  • Mashisha
    Options
    If you have a salad you will stay low on the calories! Even with a salad dressing. Dressing should be in a little cup onthe side and you should dip the salad into it rather than slathering it all over the salad(my guilty pleasure..I need to learn to practice what I preach) But a salad would be a good choice...if you have some chicken you can add that to your salad for calories and protien since you did a nice run today. =)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and granola ...it is high in protein and tastes good. This is what I have for dinner on days where I don't work out (I did 8 miles yesterday so I hear you on your rest day today!)
  • nanmosta1
    Options
    4oz pork tenderloin, 1/2 sweet potato, green beans,...... 4oz baked cod, melon, 1/2 cup cooked wild rice, , ...spaghetti squash with marina and ground turkey,....... stuffed zucchin with ground turkey and vegetables and pasta.....chicken breast with acorn squash and green beans.....................
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    For that little amount your only choice would be chicken breast and vegetables NO CARBS. Chicken + 2 cups broccoli + 1/2 tbsp olive oil = 230 cals.
  • sandman933
    sandman933 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe the other day and I thought it was great! Might have used a little corn starch to thicken up the sauce but other than that it was good!

http://health.discovery.com/national-body-challenge/recipe-individual.html?action=showRecipeDetail&recipeId=5567
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • amycrims
    Options

i do this too
    me too!!
  • sarajbooker
    Options
    Who doesn't? I'm assuming she is probably maxxed out on her workout and was looking for another option.