NSV: Buying Clothes Without an X

Options
I recently learned what NSV was and just wanted to share mine from today. I went shopping and found some cute tshirts on sale. I bought US size 12/14 (or misses large). I'm so ecstaticly happy because they actually fit. Not too small or too tight. I have not worn clothes that did not contain at least one X (and in most cases at least two) in the size ever in my adulthood. This is the first time since I was probably age 12 that I can fit successfully in a size 12/14.

I was shocked. I've not really bought any new clothes because I still have a ways to go before I hit my goal weight. Since I work from home it just seemed to be a waste but with all the summer clothes being on sale I thought I'd treat myself and am so glad I did. It shows me that I can actually do this and motivates me to want to keep going. :happy:

Replies

• misserin122
    misserin122 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That's awesome, congrats! :)
  • LBeth1015
    LBeth1015 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had this same NSV this weekend! Size L. Just L, no X! What a great feeling!
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV! I will keep that in mind when I am debating blowing off my work out. Congratulations!
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a tremendous accomplishment. Now's the time to find all the great deals in your new size!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is amazing work! I can't wait until I reach that NSV as well! I bet you feel amazing! Keep on kicking butt!
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    congrats and keep it up!!

imagine the pure shock and excitement in a few months when you realize the Medium fits you just right :)
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I admit double and triple checking the tag after I tried it on. I have a limited budget so I've been putting off buying things but for $2 I couldn't pass it up. I honestly didn't know if it would fit when I bought it. I didn't try it on until I got home. I kept telling myself "It's a goal if it doesn't fit" but when it fit I was so surprised.

I've had a rough two weeks with a lot of personal stuff. While I haven't gone off my calories too much, I have slowed down my exercise routine. partly due to stress partly due to injury. But this gave me the motivation to get my butt back in gear and start exercising again.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I recently learned what NSV was and just wanted to share mine from today. I went shopping and found some cute tshirts on sale. I bought US size 12/14 (or misses large). I'm so ecstaticly happy because they actually fit. Not too small or too tight. I have not worn clothes that did not contain at least one X (and in most cases at least two) in the size ever in my adulthood. This is the first time since I was probably age 12 that I can fit successfully in a size 12/14.

I was shocked. I've not really bought any new clothes because I still have a ways to go before I hit my goal weight. Since I work from home it just seemed to be a waste but with all the summer clothes being on sale I thought I'd treat myself and am so glad I did. It shows me that I can actually do this and motivates me to want to keep going. :happy:

Congrats, it's a great feeling isn't it!! You bought the T-shirts for the right reasons.

Word of caution though - be careful buying too much because you're thrilled with this size, but you're not yet at your goal. I bought several XL items of clothing when I was first able to fit into Misses sizes (I started out as a Woman's 3X) and I blew right through them. They were winter items, and this winter I'm going to be a small or medium. As a result, I have several hundred dollars in clothes that are barely worn but will be finding their way to Goodwill.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!